- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 21+ yrs
- age_requirement 21+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit a local microbrewery and taste our favorite beer
- Mingle with the locals in a typical dive bar
- Learn about the history of our SoCal beach resort town
- Take a ferry ride to Balboa Island
Take a scenic stroll around Newport Beach and then dive into its bar scene with a local guiding the way. Enjoy the sunset from the end of the pier, followed by a ferry out to Balboa Island for some more boozy fun! This tour is designed to get you acquainted with the South Californian beach life vibe, so grab yourself a beer and come toast the endless summer sun with us!
Your local guide will meet you in a central location in Newport Beach, excited to help you enjoy a great night out.
California sunsets are something to behold, so before the night closes in we’ll head to the end of the Pier for a mesmerizing sunset over the Pacific Ocean.
Then it’s time to start getting the rounds in! We’ll take you to one of our favorite local dive bars and then on to a charming microbrewery where you can taste different flavors of their beers. Try one of their locally brewed IPAs or the famous Chihuahua Cerveza — we think you’ll be happy with the results.
Drunk on Californian hospitality, we’ll Uber our way over to the ferry terminal and catch a boat out to lively Balboa Island. We’ll take a stroll around the neighborhood and then enjoy a drink in a popular local inn that boasts regular live music sessions with local artists.
Your tour will end here, but your guide will be very happy to make recommendations for further exploring Balboa Island tonight and Orange County tomorrow — please just ask!
Welcome to California!
Note: Due to changing regulations in Orange County regarding the serving of alcohol during COVID-19, guests may be required to order food at any stops where they have a drink. Food orders are not included in the tour price.
- Uber ride and ferry crossing to Balboa Island
- English-speaking local guide
- Two local beers.
- Transportation and return $1 ferry ride to start point
- additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and personal shopping
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Note: Under current COVID-19 regulations in Orange County
- alcohol may only be served with food at bars and restaurants. As such
- at some spots
- guests may need to purchase their own food if they are having a drink.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Newport Beach: Beaches and Beers tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Newport Beach: Beaches and Beers tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Newport Beach: Beaches and Beers tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
McFadden Square Centennial Monument, 1-99 Newport Pier, Newport Beach, CA 92663.Meeting end point :
The Village Inn – Balboa Island.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.