- Sightseeing tour
- Active and outdoor
- Beach, romance, getaways and relaxation
- duration 11 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 12+ yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Starts/Ends Orange County, USA
- Discover Dana Point, the most romantic spot in California
- Sea kayak your way through the historical harbor of Dana Point
- Hike the Dana Point Headlands for spectacular views overlooking the Pacific
- Discover how surf culture shaped Southern California in the early 20th century
Combine two of our most popular Orange County tours and enjoy a day to remember exploring the best of Dana Point and Huntington Beach. Get an active start with a kayaking session and a scenic hike before getting immersed in surf culture at the surfing museum. Take a scenic cycle ride, try a local beer and enjoy a spectacular sunset.
Your full day tour of the highlights of beautiful Orange County begins at the most romantic spot in California – Dana Point. We’ll kick things off with a coffee and a pastry to stave off any hunger pangs and then, after admiring the views, we’ll pick up your kayaking gear ready for our first activity.
Your professional and experienced guide will assist you in getting familiar with your kayak and there will be an opportunity to change clothes before we get out on the water.
We’ll take a jaunt around the harbor and chat about the interesting history and folklore of Dana Point before briefly hitting open waters to land on pretty Doheny Beach.
After a spot of beach lounging, we’ll then head back to hand over our kayaks and grab a bite to eat by the harbor at one of our favourite spots, which offers a wide variety of bagels, sandwiches, burgers and salads.
After lunch we’ll take a walk over to the Ocean Institute to learn more about local maritime life. The Institute is an education center and maintains two tall ships, the Pilgrim and the Spirit of Dana Point, for your viewing pleasure.
We’ll then make our way up the Headlands and hike the trails that overlook the Pacific, reaching the Dana Point Nature Interpretive Center where you’ll discover more fascinating facts about our local wildlife.
After a brief visit to the beach we shall make our way back to the starting point. There will be restrooms along the way on the tour and we strongly recommend that you bring a water bottle to refill and some comfortable walking shoes.
Then it’s time to soak up some serious surf culture and the next leg of your tour. you’ll need to make your own way over to Pedego Electric Bike Huntington Beach which is approximately 40 minutes away (your guide can advise you how to do this)
Your Surf City experience begins on an electric bicycle for a heady and picturesque ride down the Huntington Beach Bike Trail north to Sunset Beach, with a stop for a few snaps/selfies at Bolsa Chica State Beach. At Sunset Beach we’ll sit and watch skilful locals surf the afternoon waves.
After a picturesque 25 min ride back to town, we’ll return our bikes and walk to the International Surfing Museum. Here we’ll spend some time learning about how surf culture has shaped the state of California and discover some of surfing’s most beloved heroes.
We’ll take a five-minute stroll along Main Street to the oldest brewery in Huntington Beach and one of our favorite watering holes. Here we’ll enjoy a locally brewed beer and a bite to eat as we sit on the outdoor patio overlooking Main Street and the Pacific Ocean.
We finish the day here at the Endless Summer with a beautiful sunset from the Huntington Beach Pier and spot the surfers out in the water!
Before you go, your guide will be happy to give you recommendations on where to go once the sun has gone down and give you some tips on other things to see and during your stay in Orange County.
- Lunch worth $15 including a drink
- Local English-speaking guide
- Coffee and a pastry
- Kayak rental
- 1 hour electric bike rental
- Brewery food sampler and a drink
- Entrance to the Ocean Institute
- Entrance to the Surf Museum
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and personal shopping
- transportation to Huntington Beach Pier for second half of tour
- tips/gratuities for your guide
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Feel SoCal! OC Total Day Tour: Dana Point & Huntington Beach tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 April 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Feel SoCal! OC Total Day Tour: Dana Point & Huntington Beach tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Feel SoCal! OC Total Day Tour: Dana Point & Huntington Beach tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Dana Point Lantern District Sign, 24292 Del Prado Ave, Dana Point, CA 92629.Meeting end point :
Huntington Beach Pier - 1 Main St #1, Huntington Beach, CA 92648COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.