- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Beach, romance, getaways and relaxation
- duration 6 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 12+ yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Starts/Ends Orange County, USA
- Discover Dana Point, the most romantic spot in California
- Sea kayak through the historical harbor into the Pacific Ocean while hearing all about tall ships and pirate tales!
- Visit the Ocean Institute and learn about California’s diverse marine life
- Hike the Dana Point Headlands for spectacular views overlooking the Pacific
Uncover the secrets of beautiful Dana Point as you Sea Kayak your way through the harbour before floating back to town where you’ll enjoy a delicious lunch. Learn all about the interesting history and folklore of Dana Point Harbour and pay a visit to the Ocean Institute, then traverse the Headland trails for some truly spectacular views.
Welcome to Dana Point – Orange County, the most romantic spot in California! Our tour begins with a coffee and a pastry in the arts district.
First up, we’ll take a quick meander up to the historical Bluff Top Trail for a birds' eye view of the harbor and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean.
Then we're off to pick up our kayaking gear! Your professional and experienced guide will assist you in getting familiar with your kayak and there will also be an opportunity to change clothes before we get out on the water.
We’ll take a jaunt around the harbour and chat about the interesting history and folklore of Dana Point.
After a spot of beach lounging, we’ll then head back to hand over our kayaks and grab a bite to eat by the harbour at one of our favourite spots, which offers a wide variety of bagels, sandwiches, burgers and salads.
After lunch we’ll take a walk over to the Ocean Institute to learn more about local maritime life. The Institute is an education center and maintains two tall ships, the Pilgrim and the Spirit of Dana Point, for your viewing pleasure.
We’ll then make our way up the Headlands and hike the trails that overlook the Pacific, reaching the Dana Point Nature Interpretive Center, where you’ll discover more fascinating facts about our local wildlife.
After a brief visit to the beach we shall make our way back to the starting point. There will be restrooms along the way on the tour and we strongly recommend that you bring a water bottle to refill and some comfortable walking shoes.
Before you go, don’t forget to ask your local guide for tips on what else there is to see and do during your stay in Orange County.
Please note that this is an active tour and the distance covered on foot is approximately walking distance is about 5 miles (8 kilometers) with approximately 50 yards/ meters elevation gain. The walking is spread out over 6 hours with several breaks.
- Lunch worth $15 including a drink
- Local English-speaking guide
- Coffee and a pastry
- Kayak rental
- Entrance fee to Ocean Institute.
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and personal shopping
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Feel SoCal! Enjoy Dana Point tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 April 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Feel SoCal! Enjoy Dana Point tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Feel SoCal! Enjoy Dana Point tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Dana Point Lantern District Sign, 24292 Del Prado Ave, Dana Point, CA 92629.Meeting end point :
Dana Point Lantern District Sign, 24292 Del Prado Ave, Dana Point, CA 92629.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.