- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Cycling on the islands of Kvarner Bay with dramatic scenery
- Exploring the small towns and villages enroute
- Krk with its beautiful old township and Pag with its specialty cheeses
- The seafarer’s island of Losinj with its picturesque bay
Cycle and cruise in style to explore the charming islands of Croatia's Kvarner Bay. Countless islands in crystal clear water, deeply fissured cliffs, picturesque beaches and numerous small bays are the typical features of Croatia's stunning Kvarner Bay in the northern Adriatic. Spend a week discovering the landscape and people of this unique island world by bike, independently and with the aid of knowledgeable tour guides. Based on a deluxe motor yacht, our floating accommodation, discover the charm of the Adriatic. Cycle off after a hearty breakfast and meet the ship at a harbour for lunch. In the evening the ship will be waiting in the next harbour, allowing you to enjoy fantastic cuisine as the sun sets, followed by a stroll through a historic harbour town. Flexibility is the key to this holiday, with the option to take a day off cycling and spend time on board, swimming or wandering through the alleyways of pretty port towns.
Day 1 : Arrive Omišalj, cruise to Cres and explore the Venetian old town
Day 2 : The islands of Cres and Lošinj (28km/18mi)
Day 3 : The islands of Lošinj and Molat (20km + 10km/12mi + 6mi))
Day 4 : To the 'spice' island of Dugi Otok, cruise to Zadar (42km/26mi)
Day 5 : Cross to the island of Pag and cycle, then to Rab Island (20km/12mi)
Day 6 : Explore Rab by bike, cruise to Krk (25km/15mi)
Day 7 : Cycle across the island of Krk to Omišalj (45km/28mi)
Day 8 : Trip concludes in Omišalj
- 7 nights accommodation in a twin cabin below deck with ensuite facilities on board a deluxe boat (supplement applies for above deck or single cabin). If you are travelling by yourself you will be matched with another passenger. The compact cabins are configured with a double bed or two separate beds. Excellent discounts apply to a third person sharing a triple cabin, with a configuration of a double bed + bunk beds (single or twin) or double + double bed for quad share. Note that the lower deck cabins by their very nature will be marginally noisier and less ventilated due to their proximity to the engine and working part of the boat.
- 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches*, 7 dinners (does not include drinks) The cook on board is a member of the crew. The meals begin with dinner on day 1 and ends with breakfast on day 8. *Note that the included lunches and dinners are not clearly labelled on the daily itinerary as they depend on sailing conditions on the day and from time to time we may substitute one of the lunches for a dinner or vice versa, your tour guide will inform you locally when these will be included.
- 21 speed hybrid bike rental with pannier (electric bikes available on request - supplement applies). The guides will carry bike locks for the group when cycling, or individual locks can be provided on request if you decide to bike alone (limited supply).
- Experienced crew including English speaking cycle guide
- Guided cycling tours as described in the itinerary
- Bed linen and towels
- Information pack including overview maps per cabin
- Travel to and from Omisalj
- Upgrade to a cabin on deck or single cabin – supplement applies, please ask our office for details
- Group transfer from/to Zagreb on day 1 and day 8 - Day 1 - 11:30am from Zagreb centre, 12:15pm from Zagreb airport. Return transfer from Omisalj on day 8 to Zagreb Airport at 8am (reservation required at the time of booking including flight details, contact your consultant for pricing details)
- Individual transfers available on request for an additional cost on embarkation and disembarkation days only, from Rijeka or Zagreb - please ask our office for details.
- Drinks on board and meals not included
- Items of a personal nature
- Water flat rate, visitors tax and local charges EUR50pp (adult) or EUR25pp (child up to 16) to be paid to the captain
- Tips for crew and tour guides (see pre departure information provided on booking)
- Travel insurance - mandatory *cruise cover may be required - check with your insurer
- Helmets - mandatory on all bike tours, you are encouraged to bring your own well-fitted helmet. A limited number of rental helmets are available on board (reservation essential), however we cannot guarantee their suitability.
- Optional Bicycle insurance - can be paid in cash locally if booked on board, or pre-paid if booked in advance. EUR10 per person for hybrid bike, EUR20 per person for electric bike - please ask our office for details of AUD cost. Please note that normal travel insurance often does not cover loss or damage to rental bikes. If you do not take out bike insurance you will need to pay for the cost of the bike or repair of damages.
- Optional extension to Zagreb (2 days) before the tour (supplement applies - please ask for our rates). Inclusions: arrival transfer from the airport to the hotel, choice of 3 or 4 star hotels (1 night), guided walking tour of Zagreb (does not include entry fees), dinner in Zagreb, transfer to the boat in Omisalj. Alternatively, Zagreb hotel can be booked for pre or post tour accommodation (3 or 4 star - rates on request - please ask your consultant).
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 100 today.
- Save US$ 66+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kvarner Bay Bike & Boat - Deluxe tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Kvarner Bay Bike & Boat - Deluxe tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kvarner Bay Bike & Boat - Deluxe tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.