- duration 5 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5-79 yrs
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-760
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Enjoy a panoramic orientation tour around Odessa by coach
- Explore the balconies, galleries, and halls of the Opera House
- Discover the site of the Potemkin Steps
- Admire the newly renovated Transfiguration Cathedral
Continue to the Gothic Shah’s Palace and admire the statue of a globe supported by 2 figures of Atlantis. Your next stop is a highlight of the tour; the beautiful Opera and Ballet Theater, designed by 2 Viennese architects in a French rococo style. Enjoy a 20-minute tour at the picturesque halls, galleries, and balconies, and marvel at the stage and fabled curtain.
Drive through the main streets of Odessa to Shevchenko Boulevard, named after a famous Ukrainian poet. During World War II, many parts of Odessa were damaged leading up to its liberation on 10 April 1944. Admire the monument on the square named for this historic date, and then go to French Boulevard to discover the only Champagne factory of the Russian Empire.
Pass the Filatov Institute of Eye Diseases and Tissue Therapy, one of the world's leading ophthalmology clinics, and continue to the prestigious University buildings en route to Shevchenko Park. Pay your respect at the Monument of the Unknown Sailor, before driving to the Pushkin Museum and Monument.
Next, visit the Transfiguration Cathedral, rebuilt in 2001 after it was demolished by the Soviets in 1936. Stop to purchase some souvenirs at the craft’s market, and then continue to the Odessa Philharmonic Society's Theatre and historical Krasnaya (Bristol) Hotel. We'll finish our excursion in the city centre or can take you to your hotel.
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance to the Opera Theatre
- Tips and private expenses
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationPlease note that a visit inside the Opera House is possible for groups of more than 6 people