- duration 7 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5-79 yrs
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-759
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- You will explore Odessa's city center and its famous monuments
- Visit the centers of Greek, Jewish, Arabic, Armenian, and German culture
- Learn more about Odessa history and traditions
Starting at Ekaterina Square, see the statue of Queen Ekaterina II, the monument to Duc de Richelieu, and the Potemkin Steps which became famous by Sergei Eisenshtein's classic movie, "Battleship Potemkin". Hear the history of Odessa's foundation and the important role played in its development by foreign citizens.
See the statue of Pushkin, who spent 13 months in the city during his exile from Russia. Opposite stands the imposing Odessa City Hall, with a nearby British cannon serving as a memorial to the Crimean War. Continue the gentle stroll to the Archeological Museum and the baroque Opera and Ballet Theatre, designed by the Viennese architects Fellner and Helmer.
At Greek Cultural Center you'll visit a museum illustrating the history of Filiki Eteria – a secret 19th-century organization established to overthrow Greece's Ottoman rulers. Then rejoin the coach to visit the Jewish Cultural Center and its museum, Migdal Shorashim, which details the history of Odessa's Jews.
After enjoying lunch at a selection of restaurants, visit the elegant structure of the Arabic Cultural Center before arriving at the Arcadia district, where the Armenian Cultural Center is situated on a colorful plateau with a stunning ocean view. Enter a traditional Armenian church before heading to the German Cultural Center (Bavarian House) and enjoying a choir and organ performance at the Lutheran Church of St. Paul. Here the pastor will enlighten you as to the city's German heritage before the end of the tour.
- Entrance fees to all cultural centers
- Musical theatre and organ/choir performance
- Live guide
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.