- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 8+ yrs
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Centrebased walking in one of Germany's most picturesque regionsImpressive monasteries, regal palaces, oniondomed churches and pretty frescoed housesFriendly, familyrun 3star hotel with beautiful frescoes and a contemporary restaurantWellsigned paths and trails with a choice of walking levels every dayChairlifts and cable cars leading to panoramic mountain restaurants
Better known for its famous Passion Plays, the 'chocolate box' village of Oberammergau is the perfect base for a week of walking. From exhilarating mountain hikes to strolls through valleys and wetland reserves, Oberammergau’s wealth of well sign-posted trails makes it an ideal walking destination. Choose from easier or harder walks each day, and take advantage of the easily accessible local buses and mountain lifts. You can relax on the hotel’s terrace on your return.
Day 1: Start Oberammergau
Day 2: Explore Ammer Valley villages; walk to Pulvermoos Wildlife Sanctuary
Day 3: Cable car up Laber; walk down to Ettal village with its Benedictine monastery
Day 4: Follow the shore of Staffelsee; afternoon optional boat cruise
Day 5: Free day
Day 6: Kolben chairlift; various walks along Sonnenberg Ridge available
Day 7: Walk to Linderhof Palace; return via the Linder Valley
Day 8: End Oberammergau
- 7 nights 3-star hotel, all rooms ensuite,All accommodation Route directions and maps
- All buffet breakfasts and 7 dinners
- Self-guided holiday.
- 5 days centre-based walking; 1 free day
- Choice of routes each day
- Altitude max. 1700m, average 1100m
- Min age 12 yrs
- Guest card for free local bus travel and discounts on the cable cards, museums and other local attractions
- Any international flights to/from Oberammergau are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walking in Southern Bavaria tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 45+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walking in Southern Bavaria tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Walking in Southern Bavaria tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking in Southern Bavaria tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.