- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Discovering the untouched natural beauty of the Inner Hebrides
- Admiring the spectacular scenery of the Scottish Highlands
- Visiting fortresses and castles on the island of Mull
- Following the Caledonian Canal
Discover Scotland's Inner Hebrides and famous highlands by bike and boat. Scotland's Inner Hebrides are known for their spectacular landscapes still largely untouched by mass tourism. Travelling by bike and boat, explore the island of Mull and the Morvern Peninsula, before making your way to the Isle of Jura, which is known for its rich stock of red deer and its world-famous whiskey distillery. Marvel at the wild scenery of Scotland, its intense colours and great biodiversity. Look out for dolphins and seal from the boat, and eagles and otters from your bike. Nights aboard your floating hotel, a two-masted sailing boat with a comfortable dining and lounge area and cabins with ensuite, are a time for relaxation amongst a group of like-minded cyclists.
Day 1 : Arrive Oban
Day 2 : Remote peninsula cycle, ferry to Luing Island and cycle to Tobernochy (36km/22mi)
Day 3 : Loop cycle from Crinan to the excavation site of Kilmartin, cruise to the island of Jura (37km/23mi)
Day 4 : Cycle on the island, cruise to Mull (27km/17mi)
Day 5 : Cycle on hilly terrain and marvel at the natural beauty on Mull Island (60km/37mi)
Day 6 : Cycle on the north of the Island towards Salen, cross to Lochaline (50km/31mi)
Day 7 : Cross the highlands to Kingairloch, then by boat back to Oban (26km/16mi)
Day 8 : Trip concludes in Oban
- 7 nights in a twin share cabin with ensuite facilities (supplement applies for single cabin). If you are travelling by yourself you can be matched with another passenger of the same sex. The compact cabins are configured with bunk beds - two beds, or four beds for either 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. Ask your consultant for prices on children and triple and quad share. Due to the shape of the boat's hull the size of the cabins may vary, and some cabins may be marginally noisier and less ventilated due to their proximity to the engine and working part of the boat.
- 7 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 5 dinners (does not include drinks) - The cook on board is a member of the crew and prepares the breakfast and one warm meal a day. The meals begin with dinner on day 1 and end with breakfast on day 8.
- Experienced crew including English speaking cycle guide
- 21 speed hybrid bike rental with pannier (8-speed electric bikes available on most trips for a supplement, limited supplies). The guides will carry bike locks for the group when cycling, or individual locks can be provided on request if you decide to bike alone (limited supply).
- Bed linen and towels
- Information pack including overview maps per cabin
- Travel to and from Oban
- Group scheduled transfer from Edinburgh airport/city to the boat in Oban on embarkation and disembarkation days - reservation on request for an additional cost, please ask our office for details
- Drinks on board and meals not included
- Flat rate for all drinks on board (including alcohol) and drinking water supplied for the cycling tours - GBP50 payable locally, to the captain
- Travel insurance - mandatory *cruise cover may be required - check with your insurer
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips for crew and tour guide (see pre departure information provided on booking)
- Entrance fees to museums and attractions for group visits
- Helmets - mandatory on all bike tours, you are encouraged to bring your own well-fitted helmet. A limited number of rental helmets are available on board (reservation essential), however we cannot guarantee their suitability
- Optional Bicyle insurance - can be booked on arrival and paid in cash locally. EUR10 per person for hybrid bike, EUR20 per person for electric bike. Please note that normal travel insurance often does not cover loss or damage to rental bikes. If you do not take out bike insurance you will need to pay for the cost of the bike or repair of damages.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 108 today.
- Save US$ 72+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Scotland by Bike and Boat tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Scotland by Bike and Boat tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Scotland by Bike and Boat tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.