- duration 13 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 2+ years old
- max group size 20
Discover heaven on earth on the ultimate holiday river cruise.
If you’re looking to celebrate the holidays and welcome the New Year in incredible style, this special cruise is for you. You’ll sail through Germany, Austria and Hungary along the shimmering Danube and past incredible sights on this unique itinerary. Explore charming old-world villages and Gothic cathedrals, and escape the hurry and hassle of the holidays as you relax onboard a luxurious ship and cruise through the ravishing landscapes of the Danube.
On Christmas Eve, walk through the quiet medieval streets of Regensburg to the Gothic cathedral for Midnight Mass. As you pass through the magnificent doors, look up: You’ll see chalk marks invoking age-old blessings for all who enter. Listen to the harness bells chime as you ride through the serene Bavarian Forest in a horse-drawn wagon. Wander through locations from The Sound of Music in beautiful Salzburg and then warm up with rum-laced coffee. Meet Habsburg royalty during a private reception in a castle overlooking the UNESCO-designated Wachau Valley.
Visit stunning churches and sample delicious wines in enchanting baroque villages. Ring in the New Year in Vienna, and see how a dusting of snow adds to the glamour of Hungary’s historic capital.
The mighty Danube takes you through three nations decked in all their holiday finery at this most delightful time of year.
Who will enjoy this cruise? Those who wish to just get away and relax during the busy holiday season, and anyone seeking to celebrate Christmas and welcome in the New Year in an extraordinarily memorable way.
Day 1: Nuremberg (Embark)
Day 2: Nuremberg
Day 3: Cruising the Main-Danube Canal, Regensburg
Day 4: Regensburg
Day 5: Cruising the Danube River, Deggendorf (Theresienthal)
Day 6: Cruising the Danube River, Passau
Day 7: Linz (Salzburg)
Day 8: Cruising the Wachau Valley, Dürnstein
Day 9: Vienna
Day 10: Vienna
Day 11: Vienna, Cruising the Danube River
Day 12: Budapest
Day 13: Budapest (Disembark)
- 12-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the majestic S.S. Beatrice
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® Beds of England, high thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 12 breakfasts, 11 lunches, 12 dinners
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, specialty coffee and tea, soft drinks and mineral water
- 9 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided “Taste of Christmas” program
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all excursions
- Use of Nordic walking sticks
- 3 countries: Austria, Germany, Hungary
- 6 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- Gratuities for onboard personnel (ship staff, crew, Cruise/Tour Manager) are included during the cruise/tour
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture
- Any international flights to Nuremberg and from Budapest are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Grand Christmas and New Year's (2022) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 234+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Grand Christmas and New Year's (2022) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 121 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 120 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 June 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 120 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Grand Christmas and New Year's (2022) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Grand Christmas and New Year's (2022) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.