- City sightseeing
- Museum and gallery visits
- National parks
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan are truly off the beaten track and sees few foreign travellers, especially outside NurSultan, Almaty and Bishkek, and for much of this trip you will truly feel the remoteness of Central Asia.
- Unveil the mysteries of space explorations in Baikonur, where the Russian Cosmodrome is located and launches to the International Space Station take off.
- Discover the history and architecture of the Silk Road, visiting ancient mausoleums and mosques on guided tours in the cities of Turkistan, Sayram and Otrar.
- Travel alongside locals and admire wild, sweeping vistas on epic train rides across the Kazakh steppe.
Beginning in the futuristic cityscapes of Nur-Sultan (until recently, Astana), join us on this exploration from mighty Kazakhstan to mountainous Kyrgyzstan. From the space port of Baikonur to the ancient city of Turkistan, the Silk Road ruins of Sayram and Otrar, and the majestic, surreal landscapes of Altyn-Emel National Park and Charyon Canyon, the sights along the way are unlike anywhere else on earth. Continue your journey to the seldom visited Kyrgyzstan, skirt the vast waters of Issyk-Kul and end in the relaxed capital of Bishkek.
Turkistan – Shymkent/Overnight train
Altyn-Emel National Park
Altyn-Emel National Park – Almaty
Almaty – KAZ/KGZ Border Crossing – Karakol
- Hotel (9 nights), Overnight Train (1 night), Homestay/Guesthouse (3 nights)
- 13 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinners
- Private vehicle , Plane , Train , Overnight Sleeper Train
- An expert tour leader
- Nur-Sultan - City tour
- Baikonur - Yuri Gagarin Museum & House
- Baikonur - Cosmodrome
- Baikonur - Space Museum
- Otrar - Ancient settlement
- Turkistan - Yasui Mausoleum
- Almaty - Central State Museum
- Almaty - Museum of Kazakh Musical Instruments
- Almaty - Kok Tobe Hill
- Almaty - Panfilov Park
- Almaty - Medeu
- Almaty - Zenkov Cathedral
- Charyn Canyon - National Park
- Karakol - Dungan Mosque
- Karakol - Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral
- Karakol - Przhevalskiy Museum
- Karakol - Jeti Orghuz Canyon Hike
- Cholpan Ata - Petroglyphs
- Bishkek - City Tour
- Any international flights to Nur-Sultan and from Bishkek are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kazakhstan Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 164+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kazakhstan Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kazakhstan Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kazakhstan Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip takes you way off the tourist trail to explore just some of the vastness that is Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan. If you want to be far, far away from everywhere – and from anything you've experienced before – this trip is for you.
- Be prepared to experience the full legacy of the Soviet era – not just in the sights and history, but also in the standards of accommodation and service! In other words, while you’ll be comfortable, don’t expect luxury.
- In true adventure style, the trip involves some long travel days by private vehicle and trains. While tiring, this is a great opportunity to sit back, unwind and let the sweeping views roll by.
- We’ll experience varying temperatures in the desert and out on the steppe. The days can be very hot, while at night, the mercury plummets. Make sure you bring warm, comfortable layers, drink plenty of water and take care to protect yourself from the sun. For women, we recommend bringing a scarf to cover your head and shoulders while on visits to mosques and mausoleums.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.