- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan are truly off the beaten track and sees few foreign travellers, especially outside NurSultan, Almaty and Bishkek, and for much of this trip you will truly feel the remoteness of Central Asia.
- Unveil the mysteries of space explorations in Baikonur, where the Russian Cosmodrome is located and launches to the International Space Station take off.
- Discover the history and architecture of the Silk Road, visiting ancient mausoleums and mosques on guided tours in the cities of Turkistan, Sayram and Otrar.
- Travel alongside locals and admire wild, sweeping vistas on epic train rides across the Kazakh steppe.
Beginning in the futuristic cityscapes of Nur-Sultan (until recently, Astana), join us on this exploration from mighty Kazakhstan to mountainous Kyrgyzstan. From the space port of Baikonur to the ancient city of Turkistan, the Silk Road ruins of Sayram and Otrar, and the majestic, surreal landscapes of Altyn-Emel National Park and Charyon Canyon, the sights along the way are unlike anywhere else on earth. Continue your journey to the seldom visited Kyrgyzstan, skirt the vast waters of Issyk-Kul and end in the relaxed capital of Bishkek.
Our tour guide was very well-organised and very helpful for those who required extra assistance - like losing baggage / passport / remembering wrong flight times / having gold fish memory (yes... this all happened in the trip..). You would't need to worry if you're clumsy or forgetful as Intrepid tour guides will have you covered.
The itinerary is skewed towards a leisure one hence why the average age of our group is 50+ ranging from late 20's to 70's. If you're simply looking for a cultural experience I'd say this is the perfect choice. But if you're a bit more active and adventurous like me then you may feel too protected and bored somtimes.
Lastly some tips for shopping - save your money until you get to Udaipur as there's many more options and prices are a lot better. That way you don't need to lug around extra weight early in the trip too. Remember to bargain at expensive & bigger shops (those are the wealthy ones and they rip you off by a big margin) and not so much at the smaller shops (they aren't as rich!). Tour guides would sometimes hush you into particular shops unfortunately.. but don't feel pressured to make a purchase (easier said than done though) as those shop keepers are good at pitching.”
Turkistan – Shymkent/Overnight train
Altyn-Emel National Park
Altyn-Emel National Park – Almaty
Almaty – KAZ/KGZ Border Crossing – Karakol
- Hotel (9 nights), Overnight Train (1 night), Homestay/Guesthouse (3 nights)
- 13 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinner
- Private vehicle , Plane , Train , Overnight Sleeper Train
- Nur-Sultan - City tour
- Baikonur - Yuri Gagarin Museum & House
- Baikonur - Cosmodrome
- Baikonur - Space Museum
- Otrar - Ancient settlement
- Turkistan - Yasui Mausoleum
- Almaty - Central State Museum
- Almaty - Museum of Kazakh Musical Instruments
- Almaty - Kok Tobe Hill
- Almaty - Panfilov Park
- Almaty - Medeu
- Almaty - Zenkov Cathedral
- Charyn Canyon - National Park
- Karakol - Dungan Mosque
- Karakol - Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral
- Karakol - Przhevalskiy Museum
- Karakol - Jeti Orghuz Canyon Hike
- Cholpan Ata - Petroglyphs
- Bishkek - City Tour
- Any international flights to Nur-Sultan (Astana) and from Bishkek are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kazakhstan Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 162+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kazakhstan Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 57 days before departure. For any departures within 31 July 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Kazakhstan Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kazakhstan Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
Last modified (date)
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Joining point instructions