- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 30 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 15+ years old
- Discover the history and architecture of the Silk Road, visiting ancient mausoleums and mosques on guided tours in the cities of Turkistan, Sayram and Otrar.
- Travel alongside locals and admire wild, sweeping vistas on train rides across the Kazakh steppe, then experience the hospitality of Central Asia with five nights spent across Tajikistan's excellent homestay network.
- Surround yourself with the surreal landscapes of the AltynEmel National Park, including the mysterious singing sand dunes, then visit Grand Canyon's 'little brother', Charyn Canyon.
- Soaring along the iconic Pamir Highway is an unforgettable experience, especially in fine weather when the mighty peak of Muztag Ata rears its head.
Take a journey across the vast expanses of Central Asia on an expedition through the rugged and remote regions of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. From the glossy modernity of Nur-Sultan with its futuristic cityscapes, to the spellbinding ancient architecture of Samarkand’s mosques and mausoleums: visit unique cities and distant villages as you cross hundreds of kilometres of epic mountain passes and surreal landscapes – incomparable to anywhere else on earth. While political and military forces have battled over these regions for centuries, life in these isolated areas has changed very little – adding to the allure of this expansive cultural landscape. This is a trip designed for the true adventurer, for those craving escapism, outstanding beauty, unrivalled hospitality and the feeling of complete remoteness.
Turkistan – Shymkent/Overnight train
Altyn-Emel National Park
Altyn-Emel National Park – Almaty
Almaty – KAZ/KGZ Border Crossing – Karakol
Kyrgyzstan/Tajkistan Border Crossing – Murgab
Tajikistan/Uzbekistan Border Crossing – Samarkand
- Guesthouse/Hote with private rooms (20 nights), Overnight Train (1 night), Guesthouse/Homestay multishare (8 nights)
- 29 Breakfast, 7 Lunch, 9 Dinner
- Private vehicle , Plane , Train , Overnight Sleeper Train
- Nur-Sultan - City tour
- Baikonur - Yuri Gagarin Museum & House
- Baikonur - Cosmodrome
- Baikonur - Space Museum
- Otrar - Ancient settlement
- Turkistan - Yasui Mausoleum
- Almaty - Central State Museum
- Almaty - Museum of Kazakh Musical Instruments
- Almaty - Kok Tobe Hill
- Almaty - Panfilov Park
- Almaty - Medeu
- Almaty - Zenkov Cathedral
- Charyn Canyon - National Park
- Karakol - Dungan Mosque
- Karakol - Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral
- Karakol - Przhevalskiy Museum
- Karakol - Jeti Orghuz Canyon Hike
- Cholpan Ata - Petroglyphs
- Bishkek - City Tour
- Osh - Suleiman's Mountain
- Osh - Bazaar
- Tajikistan - Karakul Lake
- Langar - Petroglyphs
- Vrang - Buddist Stupa
- Ptup - Yamchun Fort
- Khorog - Regional Museum
- Khorog - Pamir Botanical Gardens
- Khorog – Bazaar
- Dushanbe - City Tour
- Dushanbe – Hissor Fort
- Dushanbe – National Museum of Antiquities of Tajikistan
- Samarkand - Shakh-I-Zinda
- Samarkand - Registan
- Samarkand - Gur-e-Amir Mausoleum
- Samarkand - Bibi-Khanym Mosque
- Samarkand - Paper making workshop & home cooked lunch
- Any international flights to Nur-Sultan (Astana) and from Tashkent are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Central Asia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 236 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 57 days before departure. For any departures within 15 March 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Best of Central Asia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Central Asia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Finish point instructions
Climate and seasonal