- duration 7 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Exploring inland Istria on foot
- Discovering quiet coves and beaches in Brijuni National Park
- Wandering the small streets of Pula
- Experiencing the hill top village of Motovun set amidst vineyards and olive trees
Explore the incredible natural landscapes of the Croatian peninsula on foot. Croatia's Istrian Peninsula is one of Europe's best kept secrets. Buckets of historical charm, endless rolling hills, pretty medieval villages and delectable cuisine. Combined with dramatic coastal scenes, pristine wilderness preserved in national parks with impressive waterfalls, endemic flora and a maze of walking trails, this is an ideal destination for active travellers. On this week long walking holiday, discover the Venetian styled village of Motovun with its striking hilltop setting, surrounded by vineyards and truffle forests. Explore Brijuni (or Brioni in Italian) National Park where ancient pine forests meet with the azure coastal waters and the Ucka Nature Park where an ascent to Mount Vojak (1401m) will reveal sweeping views of the Istrian Peninsula from the snowy peaks of the Dolomites to the Adriatic. During the trip there are plenty of opportunities to swim, relax in small cafes and experience the local culinary specialties, while at night stay in handpicked hotels and pensions specially chosen for their great atmosphere.
Day 1 : Welcome meeting, transfer to Brtonigla, walk to Grožnjan (5hrs)
Day 2 : Visit Grožnjan, walk to Istarske Toplice, transfer to Motovun (5hrs, 17km/10.5mi)
Day 3 : Transfer to Selca, Seven Waterfalls walk (6hrs, 15km/9.5mi)
Day 4 : Transfer to Pula, Kamenjak to Orchids walk (3hrs, 13km/8mi)
Day 5 : Transfer to Fažana, then by boat to Brijuni National Park, circuit walk (2hrs, 5-6km/3mi)
Day 6 : Transfer to Poklon Pass (922m), walk in the Ucka Nature Park (3-4hrs, 12km/7.5mi)
Day 7 : Bus to Rijeka on the Kvarner Bay, trip concludes
- 6 nights in 3 star hotels and pensions on a twin share basis with private facilities
- Information pack including route notes & maps per room booked
- 6 breakfasts - these will be continental in style usually including breads, cheese, yoghurt, meats, coffee, tea, juice
- Private transfer from Istarske Toplice to Motovun on day 2
- Private return transfer from Motovun to Selca (day 3)
- Bus transfer from Motovun to Pula (day 4)
- Private transfer from Pula to Poklon Pass and Lovran (day 6)
- Main luggage transfer from Novigrad to Motovun
- Bus transfer from Lovran to Rijeka
- Return boat transfer to Brijuni Park from Fazana
- Welcome briefing on the morning of day 1
- Emergency hotline
- Return bus ticket from Pula to Kamenjak and from Pula to Fazana (Brijuni Park)
- Brioni National Park ticket and Kamenjak Nature Park entrance
- Arrangements for arriving in Novigrad and departing from Rjeka
- Pre tour night in Novigrad - we are happy to assist you with hotel bookings
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- Lunches and dinners daily
- Items of a personal nature including phone calls, laundry, drinks etc.
- Main luggage transfer between Novograd / Groznjan (day 1). Your main luggage will be waiting in Motovun. You will need to carry your overnight requirements for one night in your backpack.
- Tour leader - this is a self guided walk
- Entrance fees not specified as included
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 80 today.
- Save US$ 53+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Istria on Foot tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Istria on Foot tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Istria on Foot tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.