- Walking tour
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience the breathtaking scenery of the Dolomites
- Explore the ‘iron ways’ through exhilarating climbs on ladders and across bridges
- Stay in a charming mountain hotel brimming with warm hospitality
- Enjoy camaraderie of your fellow walkers as you explore the high trails and escarpments of the Dolomites
An exciting week of climbing in the Dolomites, Italy's 'pale mountains'. The breathtaking pinnacles of the Dolomites are well known to climbers around the world. During WWI, the Dolomite mountain range was the scene of heavy fighting and became an almost continuous front throughout the war, from Cortina d'Ampezzo in the west to the Predil Pass in the east. Making full use of their elite Alpine mountain troops, the Italians fixed iron ladders and wire cable to the rock to enable them to fight on the vertical walls. Today these Via Ferrata 'iron ways' have been turned into recreational climbs, allowing non-climbers to discover the mountains in safety and adding a new dimension to hiking the pristine alpine wilderness of the Dolomites. Daily climbs and walks are between 4 and 6 hours depending on the fitness of the group. Nights are spent in mountain hotels sampling the specialty foods of the region. Although no previous climbing experience is required, a high level of fitness and sense of adventure is essential.
Day 1 : Arrive Niederdorf or Toblach in the Hochpuster Valley and meet guide
Day 2 : Ascend path on the Paternkofel (2744m) then descend through the old war-tunnels to the Three Peaks Hut (4-5hrs)
Day 3 : Ascend Sextner Rotwand (2963m) (4-5hrs)
Day 4 : To Fondo Savio Hut along the Merlone climbing path (4-5hrs)
Day 5 : Along Marino Bianchi-path to the summit of Cima di Mezzo (3154m) (6hrs)
Day 6 : Traverse the Strobel climbing path on the Punta Fiammes above Cortina (6hrs)
Day 7 : Trip concludes
- 6 nights in a mountain guesthouse on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities
- 6 breakfasts and 6 dinners - Continental breakfasts are served and usually consist of breads, jams, meats, cheeses, coffee, tea and juices. Dinner will consist of 2 or 3 courses which include regional specialties
- Climbing sections with certified local mountain guides
- Pick up service from Toblach/Niederdorf train station on day 1
- Rental of climbing equipment (harness, carabiners, helmet)
- Travel to and from the hotel at the start and end of the trip
- Lunch daily and drinks
- Items of a personal nature including beverages, laundry, phone calls etc
- Cable car rides, transfers to the walking start points – allow 20-45€ per person (approx)
- Travel insurance - as this trip uses guides and ropes you will need mountaineering insurance either supplementary to your standard travel insurance or as part of a mountaineering travel insurance policy. We can advise on a few options.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 90 today.
- Earn US$ 60+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Via Ferrata Guided Walk tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 13 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 13 May 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Via Ferrata Guided Walk tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Via Ferrata Guided Walk tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be implemented during transportation and followed on the accommodation premises as well.