- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Walk surrounded by spectacular scenery
- Explore areas only accessible by snowshoes
- Relax in a 4star hotel with wellness centre
On the northern edge of Italy's most impressive mountain range, in the Alta Pusteria Valley and just north of Cortina d'Ampezzo, lies the charming village of Villabassa. This area of the Dolomites is perfect for snowshoeing with routes leading into Fanes-Sennes Natural Park, along the shoreline of Lago di Braies and beneath the jagged peaks of Tre Cime di Lavaredo. Trek along forest trails and old military tracks to the magnificent viewpoints of Durrakopf (2275m) and Strudelkopf (2307m), learning more about the impact of World War 1 in this area along the way. Our base for the week will be the superb Hotel Adler, situated in the centre of the town and one of the best hotels we feature in our entire programme. This 4-star accommodation provides the perfect place to unwind after a day’s snowshoeing, with Michelin recommended cuisine and a relaxing wellness centre.
The walking was fun and varied. Whether trekking through a Narnia like snow covered tree scape, or walking a mountain ridge in brilliant sunshine you are sure to have a smile on your face.
To top it all, a great leader and group of fellow travellers.”
Day 1: Start Villabassa.
Day 2-4: Three guided snowshoe walks.
Day 5: Free day
Day 6-7: Our final two snowshoe walks.
Day 8: End Villabassa.
- 7 nights 4-star hotel in en suite rooms
- All breakfasts, 5 picnic lunches and 6 dinners
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 5 days guided snowshoeing
- Group normally 5 to 14, plus leader
- Snowshoes and poles provided
- 7 nights at Hotel Adler
- 5 guided snowshoe walks, with snowshoes and ski poles provided
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Niederdorf are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Snowshoeing in the Dolomites tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 72+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Snowshoeing in the Dolomites tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Snowshoeing in the Dolomites tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Snowshoeing in the Dolomites tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.