- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Discovering the French and Italian Riviera by bike
- Enjoying the glamour of the Côte d'Azur, including the cities of Nice and Montecarlo
- Following coastal cycling paths and soaking up the sea air
- Experiencing a quieter side of the bustling Riviera
Cycle from the French to the Italian Riviera on this stunning self guided cycle between Nice, Monaco and Genoa. The French and Italian Riviera are idyllic and stunning destinations, and they are perfect to explore by bike. Nice, which is a fascinating mix between the modern and cosmopolitan and the grand old palaces, is your starting destination. Stroll along the famous promenade, visit the flower market or relax on the beach before starting your cycle journey to Italy. Commencing the cycle stage, you follow the coast, admiring the clear Mediterranean waters and stopping in small towns and fishing villages. You'll visit the famed Monte Carlo before crossing the border into Italy where you can have a coffee break at a small cafe or stop for a swim at the cove of Balzi Rossi. Much of this tour follows coastal cycling paths, where you can smell the sea air and experience a quieter side of the bustling Riviera. With time to visit an archaeological museum, an olive oil museum and visit the artists and ceramists of Albisola, this trip has so much to offer. Finishing in the port city of Genoa, birthplace of Christopher Columbus, where you can walk its narrow streets and visit its palaces and churches, a legacy of its resplendent past. History, glamour, culture and stunning coastal views - you'll get to experience and enjoy it all on this week long self guided cycle.
Day 1 : Arrive Nice
Day 2 : Cycle along the coast to Monte Carlo, Menton and Ventimiglia (43km/26.5mi)
Day 3 : Pass coastal villages to Imperia or Porto Maurizio (50km/30.5mi)
Day 4 : Continue to Alassio (44km/27mi)
Day 5 : Cycle on an ancient Roman road to Finale Ligure (43km/26.5mi)
Day 6 : Cycle via pretty fishing villages to Savona (30km/18.5mi)
Day 7 : Continue along a cycle path to Arenzano, train to Genoa (25km/15.5mi)
Day 8 : Trip concludes
- 7 nights in charming B&Bs and 3 star hotels on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities (hotel taxes extra, payable locally - allow €5-10)
- Information pack including route notes & maps per room booked
- Hybrid 27 speed rental bike with front bag map holder, odometer (one per room), pannier, lock, repair kit and helmet (e-bikes available on request - supplement applies).
- 7 breakfasts
- Luggage transfer
- Emergency hotline
- Travel to Nice and from Genoa
- Lunch, dinner and drinks daily
- Entrance fees to museums, parks and archaeological sites
- Items of a personal nature
- Tour guide - this is a self guided trip
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- Hotel taxes (allow approx €5-10)
- Train ticket Arenzano to Genoa (allow EUR3.60 per person)
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 85 today.
- Save US$ 56+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Nice to Genoa tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle Nice to Genoa tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Nice to Genoa tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.