- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover NYC from a local perspective, with a local guide by your side
- Hear stories about New York’s early settlers and taste the eclectic mix of food that they bestowed upon us
- Stroll through New York's unique cultural historic sites in the Lower East Side, Chinatown, and Little Italy.
- Get a glimpse into New York’s immigrant heritage and how it is shaping the city today
Tacos, dumplings, knishes, bagels; America would be a food wasteland without immigration. Join this New York tour to sample the side effects of mass immigration while learning about those that dared to live the American Dream.
Get in touch with the tasty culture of NYC on this New York food tour that is a pleasure for both the body and the mind! This New York City tour starts off at a location where many new citizens are made official, City Hall.
On this historical tour of New York, we make our way in a loop around the NYC LES, seeing 100-year old bakeries, churches, and historic sites. We stroll the streets of Little Italy just as Lucky Luciano might have a century ago. Marvel at former and still operating synagogues and Jewish clothing stores. We dive into the culture remembered at places such as the Lower East Side Tenement Museum and the African Burial Ground, and the exciting streets of Chinatown, where you feel like you’re in Shanghai!
Along the way on our New York City food tour, we sink our teeth into amazing stories and amazing food. Knishes, prosciutto, dumplings, and more. We taste why New York City is the center of the world and the culinary legacy left here by those that have passed by Lady Liberty on their way to fulfill the American Dream.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Several tastes of different ethnic dishes
- Items of a personal nature
- tips and gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Tenements, Tales, and Tastes tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
Full payment of 79 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Tenements, Tales, and Tastes tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tenements, Tales, and Tastes tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
In front of the African Burial Ground National Monument, across from 7 Elk Street (between Duane and Reade Street), New York, NY 10007Meeting end point :
In the heart of the Lower East Side neighborhood (New York, NY 10002)COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.