- Enjoy an early ferry ride to Liberty Island
- Special access to the Statue of Liberty pedestal
- Visit Ellis Island and follow in the footsteps of 12 million immigrants
- Walk the Stairs of Separation, visit the Kissing Post
We’ll start our tour with a little context, visiting the sites around Battery Park. The memorials here rarely get the attention they deserve, from visitors rushing past to board the ferry. The stories they have to tell are well worth hearing though, so we’ll spare some time for the Castle Clinton National Monument, Pier A Harbor House, the American Merchant Mariner’s Memorial, the Sphere and New York Korean War Veteran’s Memorial.
Then it’s off to Liberty Island, with priority boarding – and since we leave so early you’ll arrive at the Statue before the crowds. Once there, you’ll enjoy stunning views back over the city and a guided tour that takes you right into the pedestal, getting you closer to Lady Liberty than a regular visit.
Here your guide will teach you a little about the city’s greatest icon. Gifted to the US by France and designed by their finest architects including Gustav Eiffel (whose Parisian Tower you may be familiar with), Lady Liberty wasn’t as warmly received as you would think. With your expert guide on hand, you’ll hear all about the struggle that got her on her feet and made her even more special to the people of New York.
Then it’s back on the ferry and on to Ellis Island, where you’ll follow in the footsteps of 12 million immigrants. With your expert guide on hand you’ll learn about the lengthy immigration process they went through, walking the Stairs of Separation to understand the island’s two very different names – ‘The Island of Hope’ and ‘The Island of Tears’. Together you’ll explore the museum’s impressive collection of interactive displays, asking all the questions you want of your expert guide. Our tour ends in Ellis Island, so you can stay a little longer if you’d like, or head back on the ferry with your guide.
With small groups of 20 people or fewer and early morning ferries to the islands, we ensure that your tour is peaceful and relaxed, removing the stress and frustrations of the average visit. And with an expert guide on hand you’re certain to learn a thing or two, getting more from your experience than you would have on your own.
- Expert local tour guide
- Fully guided Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Museum tour
- Pedestal Tickets for Statue of Liberty
- All ferry tickets between Battery Park, Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Priority ferry boarding from Battery Park – Statue of Liberty
- Statue of Liberty Crown
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
• The ferry does not operate during heavy rain or other adverse weather conditions; when this occurs, an alternative option is provided.
• Please note this tour does not include a visit to the Statue of Liberty's Crown, due to security measures in place by the National Park Services who manage the Statue of Liberty.
• Tour participants must be able to climb 215 stairs from Statue lobby to the top of the Pedestal (There is an elevator, but it is for emergency only or special circumstances, such as a guest with a disability and elevator can only fit 6 people at a time.)
• Please note this tour does not include a visit to the Statue of Liberty's Crown, due to security measures in place by the National Park Services who manage the Statue of Liberty
• Please note that guests will need to pass through airport style security to enter the Statue of Liberty. Certain items are not permitted in the Statue of Liberty and such items will be confiscated and will not be returned. Please refer to the Statue of Liberty’s guidelines on specific prohibited items: http://www.nps.gov/stli/planyourvisit/safetyandsecurtiy.htm"
• There is an elevator at Statue pedestal, but it is for emergency only or special circumstances, such as a guest with a disability. Although both Liberty Island (Statue) and Ellis Island are wheelchair accessible, Pedestal access to the Statue is NOTpossible due to narrow space of the pedestal. Please see FAQs for additional details.
• Please be aware that upon arrival at Liberty Island, if you are carrying a backpack or large bags you are required to put your bag/s into a locker which costs $2.00 in bills only (no coins accepted). Please be sure to have dollar bills for the lockers. Food and beverages must be stored in lockers upon arrival at Statue.
• Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory
For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.