- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover why Brooklyn is now the center of the NYC food scene
- Visit familyowned food stores to get the local lowdown on food in Brooklyn
- Stroll down the beautiful treelined streets of Brooklyn with a local
- Explore the many faces of Brooklyn cuisine, from New American to Italian, the Middle East and beyond!
From Italian to Middle Eastern, New American to everything artisan, this NYC food tour shows you the best bites Brooklyn has to offer, from the people who make cuisine an art form. Sample specialties like breads, cheeses, pastries, and more to nibble at the rich palette that is the New York food scene, and do it all with a local by your side to give you the lowdown on why this city is just so darn tasty.
Discover the delicious mom-and-pop shops and restaurants of Brooklyn to experience how food is the engine of our local ecosystem. Brooklyn’s Smith and Court Streets and surrounding neighborhoods have a vibrant mix of small, locally-owned, and artisanal food shops unlike almost any other neighborhood in America. On this Brooklyn food tour, you find out how these unique spots came to be, and with a local guide you discover just what it is that makes them special.
We visit both old school haunts and new culinary entrepreneurs to experience an exciting menu of both traditional flavors and daring dishes. We stop by Italian and Middle Eastern shops that have long been the staple of the neighborhood, and explore the growing scene of cafes and restaurants specializing in New American cuisine. While we enjoy their delicacies, we learn about the neighborhood’s rich history and changing character.
From artisan cheese and bread shops, Italian pastry stores, cafes with coffee roasters, the oldest Middle Eastern bakery in NYC, and a modern soda fountain, this corner of Brooklyn couldn’t get more unique if it tried. The shops and food in this area have been featured in press and TV all around the world, from Australia to France, and is by consensus the best food neighborhood in NYC. So definitely come hungry!
Each Lonely Planet Experience comes with six-months free access to Lonely Planet’s Guides App which includes over 8,000 destinations guides and unbeatable discounts to Lonely Planet Guidebooks.
- Local English speaking guide
- Food tastings.
- Additional food and drinks
- tips / gratuities for your guide
- souvenirs and edible merchandise.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Lonely Planet Experiences: Neighbourhood Eats: Brownstone Brooklyn tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
Full payment of 79 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Lonely Planet Experiences: Neighbourhood Eats: Brownstone Brooklyn tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Lonely Planet Experiences: Neighbourhood Eats: Brownstone Brooklyn tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Outside of 61 Bergen Street (near the F/G subway entrance), Brooklyn, NY 11201Meeting end point :
Brooklyn Farmacy – 513 Henry St. Brooklyn, NY 11231Lonely Planet extras
- Free access to the Lonely Planet mobile app for one year
- 25% discount on all items in the Lonely Planet Shop
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.