- Explore Greenwich village on a carefully-curated route through its best eateries
- Taste classic neighborhood specialties like pasta, arancini, cured meats, desserts & more
- Sample the unusual house specialty at the famed Italian restaurant, Pagani
- Enjoy the company of a local foodie guide who will give you the real New York experience
Until March 31, 2017 this tour is available on Thursdays and Saturdays.
From April 1, 2017 - May 31, 2017: 10:30am - Thursday, Saturday, Sunday
June 1, 2017 - 31 October 2017: 10.30AM- Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday
Traveling with a local foodie, you’ll wander The Village, stopping at some of its best food spots (from sit-down restaurants to delicious holes-in-the-wall) learning what sets this small community apart from the rest of NYC as the place to eat Italian food.
Part (generous) lunch, part trip through the soul of a neighborhood, your tour is as much about understanding the history and culture that produced your food as it is about enjoying it.
Hear the story of how the “South Village” section of Greenwich Village developed from a lower-class Italian immigrant community to a modern day food mecca; understand the subtle (and not-so-subtle) differences between Italian-American food and Italian-Italian food; and learn to pick the best ingredients for cooking both styles at home.
As you move through The Village you’ll enjoy various food tastings. Your route changes depending on the day and season to ensure you’re always sampling the most up-to-the-minute dishes but some things are too good to miss. You’re guaranteed to enjoy pasta unlike anything you’ve ever had at Pagani restaurant; you’ll usually sample fresh arancini, aka stuffed rice balls, from Faicco’s market (the best in town); and you’ll have a couple of other surprises, including a sweet treat to cleanse the palate.
With small groups of no more than 15 people, your tour will be intimate and your local foodie guide will have time to answer all your questions and give you insider insights about the city.
Be sure to get recommendations for restaurants that suit your tastes & hotel location. With so many tastings included, don’t forget to come hungry!
- Pagani Restaurant (sit down to eat)
- John’s famous pizza
- Greenwich Village food speciality shops
- Historic neighborhood highlights
- South Village, an original Italian immigrant neighborhood
- Legendary Bleecker Street
- Numerous food tastings including pasta at Pagani & Faicco’s famous ‘arancini’
- John’s Famous Pizza (est. 1929)
- Small groups of max 15 people
- Expert local foodie guide
- Highlights of the Italian section of Greenwich Village including historic Bleecker Street
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- As this is a food tour we request that any guests with food allergies or preferences inform us at the time of booking to allow us to make changes to facilitate them. Although we will do our best to facilitate anyone with allergies or preferences, we do require sufficient notice time to do so.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
- For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
- For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
- For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
- No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or d