- Explore the favourite local cocktail haunts in East Village NYC
- Learn interesting facts about the role of cocktails through America’s prohibition era
- Get pro shopping tips on choosing the best locally distilled spirits
NYC isn’t all just about the drinks themselves, with a huge story behind what makes this region so important when it comes to cocktails. You’ll learn the history of the modern cocktail, and listen in with interest as your guide talks of the drink’s role through the prohibition period in America. You’ll visit the bars of former speakeasies, the illegal bars that operated through the prohibition, and share stories of the gangsters and politicians that ran and supported these bars during the great dry.
To finish we will swing by the famous Astor Wines, New York City’s number one wine and liquor premises, where you will get a great lesson from your guide on how to choose the best spirit when buying from the best. We will chat about the numerous micro-distillers that are opening continuously, and by the time we’re done you should be ready to replicate some of the amazing cocktails that you tried during the tour.
- Local english-speaking guide
- 3 cocktails
- Light snack
- Additional food and drink
- Bottles of spirits
- Tips and gratuities for the guide
Child Policy: Travellers under 21 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.