- Walking tour
- Food tour
- Beer and drinks tasting
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 21+ yrs
- max group size 8
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover the history of Brooklyn brewing, with a local guide. Sample from a selection of craft beers, and learn about their production
- Listen to the local stories of brewing, bottling, and bootlegging
- Enjoy a classic New York pizza lunch!
- Visit 19thcentury brewery buildings that were once part of the old Brewers Row.
Discover the ultra-stylish craft beer scene of Brooklyn on this NYC beer tour that not only samples delicious brews, but teaches you fun facts about them, too! Take a stroll with a local to discover the who, what, where, and when of beer history in NYC and Brooklyn, from the breweries of the 19th century to the biggest beer buffs in town today. Cheers to that!
Toast your way through the past and present of beer brewing in Brooklyn! This neighborhood was once home to 48 breweries, but this ancient trade disappeared from the borough in the 1970s, only to be reborn in recent years with craft breweries leading the way. If you want a taste (quite literally…) of the history behind beer brewing in New York, look no further!
On this NYC beer tour, we get a lesson on how beer is made while visiting one of Brooklyn’s present-day breweries. Explore the pre-prohibition era as we check out 19th-century brewery buildings, visit landmark sites, and share stories of the German immigrants who lived and worked in the neighborhood. Plus, don’t forget all the craft beer and food along the way! We enjoy a number of great Brooklyn brews from all kinds of spots, and stop off at a local pizza joint for lunch. Join us as we raise a glass to the history and masters of beer in Brooklyn!
- Local English-speaking guide
- And pizza.
- Tips / gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 4 today.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Brewed in Brooklyn Tour tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 July 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Brewed in Brooklyn Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Brewed in Brooklyn Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Barcade Brooklyn, 388 Union Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11211. Your guide will meet you outside the main door of the bar.Meeting end point :
One of a rotating roster of local breweries in the Williamsburg/Brooklyn neighborhood, Brooklyn, NY 11211COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.