- City sightseeing
- Festivals and events
- Party and nightlife
- duration 2.5 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 21+ yrs
- max group size 10
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover the origins of jazz in New Orleans as you take a scenic stroll around the beautiful Louis Armstrong park
- Go on a historic journey through lesservisited neighborhoods
- Check out Frenchmen Street’s most happening music venues
- Enjoy a beer on us while enjoying the talents of some of the city’s best musicians
Few cities rival New Orleans’ nightlife thanks to its thrilling music scene. From authentic dixieland to big brass and every other jazz style in between, live music options are endless in the city that gave birth to the coolest genre in music. Hear about the origins and culture of jazz before making your way to the 19th century neighborhood that boasts the best music and bars in town. We’ll visit a few of our favorite local clubs, enjoy a beer and discover the talents of some of the city’s best local musicians. There’s nothing quite like a night out in ‘The Big Easy.’
Our music tour of New Orleans begins just outside the French Quarter at the historic and beautiful Louis Armstrong Park in the Tremé neighborhood. Within the park, we will talk about the historical origins of jazz and discuss one of the jazz greats, Armstrong himself.
From here, we will begin to make our way to the popular Marigny neighborhood, named after the nobleman and good-time guy of the same name. Updated for modern thirsts, Marigny is a hip nightlife area that appeals to New Orleanians and visitors alike. Your guide will lead the way, making sure to point out a few popular local music and nightlife haunts along the way.
Soon we will arrive at the famous Frenchmen Street, the largest concentration of live music venues in the city. Your guide will take you inside one of his/her favorites. Being with a local, you’ll have access to the best options, depending on the day of the week, time of day and band schedules. And to top it off, you will receive a beer on us at one of the stops and you’re very welcome to purchase additional beverages as and when you want them.
In New Orleans, there’s always the opportunity for an element of surprise. We’ll be on the lookout for impromptu street performances, which always make the night special. And if the timing and mood is right, we’ll get behind the scenes with one of the bands in between sets.
If (well, let’s be honest, when!), at the end of the tour you're still craving more, your guide will point out other great locations in the area for dinner, drinks and of course, more great music!
- Local English-speaking guide and one beer.
- Additional drinks
- tips/gratuities for your guide and the musicians.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this New Orleans Jazz Tour tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date -full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 September 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
New Orleans Jazz Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this New Orleans Jazz Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Louis Armstrong Park (Entrance to the park, under archway), 701 N. Rampart St., New Orleans, LA 70116Meeting end point :
A central location along Frenchmen St, New Orleans, LA 70116COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.