- Concerts and shows
- Beer and drinks tasting
- Music tour
- duration 5.5 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 21+ yrs
- max group size 10
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Starts/Ends New Orleans, USA
- Discover the origins of jazz as you take a scenic stroll around beautiful Louis Armstrong park
- Go beyond Bourbon Street and visit historic bars once frequented by pirates, military generals and famous writers
- Sample the Sazerac cocktail (and many others!), a classic concoction invented in New Orleans almost 200 years ago
- Enjoy a beer on us while enjoying the talents of some of the city’s best musicians
Experience the best that ‘The Big Easy’ has to offer on this super-fun afternoon tour. Enjoy some classy cocktails in the famous French Quarter, including the historic Sazerac and hear all about the origins of jazz before visiting a few of our favorite local jazz clubs, beer in hand. By the end of the day, you’ll be hooked on gin and jazz and a bona fide expert on the nightlife of North America’s Mardi Gras city!
Your cocktails and jazz tour begins in Jackson Square where you’ll find many of the best bars of the French Quarter are only a stone’s throw away. Don’t expect to spend much time on Bourbon Street though. While it has its place in New Orleans nightlife, we will be going beyond the tourist trail to show you what really makes New Orleans’ cocktail culture unique.
For our first cocktail stop we will travel back to the 1700s and visit a bar which used to entertain some of the most eccentric characters in New Orleans history. Here, we will taste a famous drink of the city and learn how it has influenced New Orleans drinking culture today.
We will then visit one of your guide’s favorite bars and taste a drink so good you’ll forget there’s alcohol in it.
Next up, we will sample the ‘official cocktail of New Orleans’: the Sazerac. One of the first cocktails ever invented, it’s definitely tasty enough to stand the test of time.
Our final cocktail stop will be at one of the classiest establishments in town to try one of the city’s most esteemed drinks, the Ramos Gin Fizz. After your first sip, you’ll truly understand why New Orleans has been called, “the cradle of civilized drinking.”
There will be an opportunity to rest your feet or grab a bite to eat before the jazz portion of the tour begins. Your guide can recommend some good eats, depending on your preferences. Then we’ll head over to the historic and beautiful Louis Armstrong Park in the Tremé neighborhood.
Within the park, we will talk about the historical origins of jazz and discuss one of the jazz greats, Armstrong himself.
From here, we will make our way to the popular Marigny neighborhood, a hip nightlife area that’s home to the famous Frenchmen Street, where you’ll find the largest concentration of live music venues in the city. Being with a local, you’ll have access to the best options, depending on the day of the week, time and band schedules. And to top it off, you will receive a beer on us at one of the stops. You’re very welcome to purchase additional beverages as and when you want them.
We’ll also be on the lookout for impromptu street performances, which always make the night special. And if the timing and mood is right, we’ll get behind the scenes with one of the bands in between sets.
Your cocktails and jazz tour ends at the nightly art market, another lively spot where the city’s artists show off their best work, from handmade sculptures to local photography.
If (well, let’s be honest, when!), at the end of the tour you're still craving more, your guide will point out other great locations in the area for dinner, drinks and of course, more great music!
- Local English-speaking guide
- Five cocktail samples
- Small snack
- One beer
- And one street car ticket.
- Additional drinks
- tips/gratuities for your guide and the musicians.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this From Cocktails to Jazz tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 06 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 06 May 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
From Cocktails to Jazz tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this From Cocktails to Jazz tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Jackson Square (next to Andrew Jackson statue), 700 Decatur Street, New Orleans, LA 70116Meeting end point :
Palace Art Market, 619 Frenchmen St, New Orleans, LA 70116COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.