- duration 22 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- Challenge yourself on this dramatic traverse of the Indian Himalaya
- Cross multiple high passes that afford stunning views of the Himalaya and Zanskar range
- Tackle some of the most remote and isolated trails the stunning gorge country of Ladakh
- Visit tiny settlements and remote Buddhist monasteries
A stunning traverse of the Indian Himalaya through the dramatic region of Zanskar. It would be hard to surpass this challenging Trans Himalayan circuit of Ladakh. We follow ancient trails leading over high passes that link isolated Buddhist villages to the secluded Himalayan kingdom of Zanskar. Zanskar is one of the last truly remote regions in the Himalaya, where villages are cut off from the outside world for much of the year due to heavy snowfall and blocked mountain passes. Zanskar is also known for its rust coloured mountains and dramatic deep gorges - a vast, silent and truly spectacular wilderness, that leads to the whitewashed settlements of the upper Markha Valley. We cross numerous passes before we complete our circuit back through the Indus Valley and Leh, the historic capital of Ladakh. If you are in search of an all encompassing Himalayan adventure then this is the trek for you.
Day 1 : Join Delhi
Day 2 : Fly to Leh
Day 3 : In Leh (3510m)
Day 4 : Drive to Kanji via Lamayuru (6.5 hours)
Day 5 : Trek to Shila Kong (6 hours)
Day 6 : Shila Kong to Doksa (9 Hours)
Day 7 : Trek to Photaksar (6 hours)
Day 8 : Trek to Singge La and camp (8 hours)
Day 9 : To Lingshet (5 hours)
Day 10 : To Snertse (8 hours)
Day 11 : To Hanumil (7 hours)
Day 12 : To Pishu (5 hours)
Day 13 : Drive to Zangla (3370m) via Karsha Monastery and Padam
Day 14 : To the base of the Cha Cha La (6 hours)
Day 15 : Ascend Cha Cha La and camp at Chupchak (8 hours)
Day 16 : To Tilat Sumdo (10 hours)
Day 17 : To base of Rubrang La (8 hours)
Day 18 : To Markha Valley and Humlung village (10 hours)
Day 19 : To Nimaling (7 hours)
Day 20 : Cross Kongmaru La to Shang Sumdo (8 hours)
Day 21 : To Shang monastery, drive to Leh (2 hours)
Day 22 : Depart Leh & fly direct to Delhi, trip concludes
- Good quality accommodation in Delhi & Leh
- 21 breakfasts, 20 lunches and 20 dinners
- Airport transfers on Day 1 and Day 22
- Private transportation
- Expert bilingual guide
- Group medical kit
- Souvenir World Expeditions kit bag
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Horses to carry all personal and group equipment
- The use of a World Expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over US$500)
- International flights
- Flights Delhi/Leh/Delhi
- Lunch & dinner in Delhi
- Bottled water, aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry etc
- Airport departure taxes
- Travel insurance
- Bookmundi is partner with World Expeditions. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 175 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 116 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 329 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 15 February 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Zanskar to Indus Traverse tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Zanskar to Indus Traverse tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.