- duration 22 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Challenge yourself on this dramatic traverse of the Indian Himalaya
- Cross multiple high passes that afford stunning views of the Himalaya and Zanskar range
- Tackle some of the most remote and isolated trails in the stunning gorge country of Ladakh
- Visit tiny settlements and remote Buddhist monasteries
A stunning traverse of the Indian Himalaya through the dramatic region of Zanskar. It would be hard to surpass this challenging Trans Himalayan circuit of Ladakh. We follow ancient trails leading over high passes that link isolated Buddhist villages to the secluded Himalayan kingdom of Zanskar. Zanskar is one of the last truly remote regions in the Himalaya, where villages are cut off from the outside world for much of the year due to heavy snowfall and blocked mountain passes. Zanskar is also known for its rust coloured mountains and dramatic deep gorges - a vast, silent and truly spectacular wilderness, that leads to the whitewashed settlements of the upper Markha Valley. We cross numerous passes before we complete our circuit back through the Indus Valley and Leh, the historic capital of Ladakh. If you are in search of an all encompassing Himalayan adventure then this is the trek for you.
Day 1 : Join Delhi
Day 2 : Fly to Leh
Day 3 : In Leh (3510m)
Day 4 : Drive to Kanji via Lamayuru (6.5 hours)
Day 5 : Trek to Shila Kong (6 hours)
Day 6 : Shila Kong to Doksa (9 Hours)
Day 7 : Trek to Photaksar (6 hours)
Day 8 : Trek to Singge La and camp (8 hours)
Day 9 : To Lingshet (5 hours)
Day 10 : To Snertse (8 hours)
Day 11 : To Hanumil (7 hours)
Day 12 : To Pishu (5 hours)
Day 13 : Drive to Zangla (3370m) via Karsha Monastery and Padam
Day 14 : To the base of the Cha Cha La (6 hours)
Day 15 : Ascend Cha Cha La and camp at Chupchak (8 hours)
Day 16 : To Tilat Sumdo (10 hours)
Day 17 : To base of Rubrang La (8 hours)
Day 18 : To Markha Valley and Humlung village (10 hours)
Day 19 : To Nimaling (7 hours)
Day 20 : Cross Kongmaru La to Shang Sumdo (8 hours)
Day 21 : To Shang monastery, drive to Leh (2 hours)
Day 22 : Depart Leh & fly direct to Delhi, trip concludes
- Good quality accommodation in Delhi & Leh
- 21 breakfasts, 20 lunches and 20 dinners
- Airport transfers on Day 1 and Day 22
- Private transportation
- Expert bilingual guide
- Group medical kit
- Souvenir World Expeditions kit bag
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Horses to carry all personal and group equipment
- The use of a World Expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over US$500)
- International flights
- Flights Delhi/Leh/Delhi
- Lunch & dinner in Delhi
- Bottled water, aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry etc
- Airport departure taxes
- Travel insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 119+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Zanskar to Indus Traverse tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Zanskar to Indus Traverse tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Zanskar to Indus Traverse tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.