- Art and architecture
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Old & New Delhi
- Jeep & Canter tiger safaris in Ranthambore NP
- Pink city of Jaipur
- Tordi Garh in rural Rajasthan
This 11-day northern India tour makes use of our popular Incredible India tour itinerary but includes an extension to the Ranthambore National Park, where we’ll search for tigers and a variety of other wildlife that call this sanctuary home.
All roads lead to India’s capital of Delhi, as we explore both its old and new side, before boarding a train south to Ranthambore, one of India’s most famous wildlife sanctuaries and was declared one of the Project Tiger Reserves in 1973. We’ll see a host of other wildlife here, which include marsh crocodiles and monitor lizards, sloth bear, wild boar, porcupines and jackals, leopards, jungle cats, monkeys and various species of deer and antelope. Birdwatching is a treat here as well, as its home to over 300 species of birds.
While exploring Ranthambore, you’ll pass an old fort as we head out on a guided jeep or open-backed lorry safari, searching for the tigers and other wildlife that call this place home before we make our way to the Rajasthan’s capital city – Jaipur. Here, we’ll explore some of its major attractions, such as the the Amber Fort, City Palace and the Jantar Mantar Observatory before exploring the pink city's famous craft and produce markets on foot.
A visit to the ancient Tordi Village is also on the cards and we’ll stay in a converted palace here. The remote village of Tordi gives us great insight into rural Indian life, before we head towards the world’s largest step well at Abhaneri. The step well, known as Chand Baori boasts 3500 steps and is 13 stories deep.
We’ll explore India’s unique wildlife once more, as we head to the Keoladeo National Park, where you can explore its wildlife-rich jungle from the back to a guided cycle rickshaw, giving us an excellent opportunity to take in its wealth of birdwatching opportunities.
We’ll visit the strange and deserted city of Fatehpur Sikri before a local villager escorts us on a Mughal Heritage Walk through villages and farmland on the opposite bank of the Yamuna River to the Taj Mahal.The Mughal Heritage walking tour aids the local community with employment and new infrastructure. It also gives us great insight into village life in Agra and offers spectacular views of the Taj Mahal which are not normally seen.
A sunrise tour of the Taj follows as well as a visit to Agra's huge Red Fort, before we head back to Delhi. Our final highlight is a visit to the Akshardham temple complex on the edge of the city.
Accommodation is in a comfortable mid-range modern-style hotels in Delhi and Agra, mixed with heritage hotels converted from Havelis and Palaces in Jaipur and Tordi, and resorts on the edge of Ranthambore and Keoladeo National Parks.
Day 1 : Welcome to Delhi. Airport to hotel transfer included
Day 2 : Exploring Old and New Delhi
Day 3 : To Sawai Madhopur via train
Day 4 : The tigers of Ranthambore
Day 5 : The Pink City of Jaipur. Optional activity available
Day 6 : Exploring Jaipur
Day 7 : A visit to the Tordi Village. Optional activities available
Day 8 : The world's largest step well & birdwatching in the Keoladeo National Park
Day 9 : The first sight of the Taj Mahal. Optional activity available
Day 10 : A Taj Mahal sunrise and a multimedia water show
Day 11 : Bon Voyage! Airport transfer included
- All accommodation in mid range hotels and heritage properties
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (10 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 3 dinners)
- All transport and transfers in AC vehicles
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Services of a local tour leader and specialist local guides
- Train from Delhi to Sawai Madhopur (2nd class AC)
- Sightseeing tours and activities as per the itinerary
- One canter safari and one jeep safari in Ranthambore National Park
- International flights (available on request)
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tips for drivers and guides
- Entrance fees (budget USD 114, payable in Delhi)
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 99 today.
- Earn US$ 66+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Temples & Tigers tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 December 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Temples & Tigers tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Temples & Tigers tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.