- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-29 yrs
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- This comprehensive trip covers many of the diverse sights and destinations in Rajasthan and North India. There is a lot of travelling, but plenty of free time to decide on what you are most interested in seeing and doing.
- A group size of up to 16 other travellers all of similar age means you will have plenty of new friends to share experiences, meals and good times with during your trip.
- You haven't properly shopped until you've experience an authentic Indian market. Practice your haggling and make sure bring an extra empty bag for all the goodies and trinkets you'll find at Jodhpur’s Sadar Bazaar, one of India’s oldest markets.
- The Taj Mahal in Agra may be one of the most recognisable buildings in the world, but it somehow has the power to surprise and impress even the most sceptical of travellers. Read one first hand account of a visit here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/tajmahalfirsthandaccount/
In between sand-dune camping, Jodhpur’s markets, an Udaipur cooking class, Pushkar’s bazaars and Jaipur’s temples, India will exceed all expectations. And that's before you even set eyes on the Taj Mahal. Get ready for epic feeds, chaotic streets and enough sensory stimulation to last a lifetime. Delhi starts the show and finishes it too on this in depth adventure through the real Rajasthan.
Our tour guide was very well-organised and very helpful for those who required extra assistance - like losing baggage / passport / remembering wrong flight times / having gold fish memory (yes... this all happened in the trip..). You would't need to worry if you're clumsy or forgetful as Intrepid tour guides will have you covered.
The itinerary is skewed towards a leisure one hence why the average age of our group is 50+ ranging from late 20's to 70's. If you're simply looking for a cultural experience I'd say this is the perfect choice. But if you're a bit more active and adventurous like me then you may feel too protected and bored somtimes.
Lastly some tips for shopping - save your money until you get to Udaipur as there's many more options and prices are a lot better. That way you don't need to lug around extra weight early in the trip too. Remember to bargain at expensive & bigger shops (those are the wealthy ones and they rip you off by a big margin) and not so much at the smaller shops (they aren't as rich!). Tour guides would sometimes hush you into particular shops unfortunately.. but don't feel pressured to make a purchase (easier said than done though) as those shop keepers are good at pitching.”
Delhi - Overnight train
Thar Desert - Jaisalmer
Agra - Delhi
- Camping (with basic facilities) (1 night), Guesthouse (5 nights), Heritage Property (3 nights), Hotel (8 nights), Overnight sleeper train (1 nights)
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Dinner
- Private vehicle , Public bus , Overnight sleeper train , Train
- An expert tour leader
- Delhi - Leader-led Old Delhi walking & rickshaw tour
- Delhi - Jama Masjid
- Delhi - Sheeshganj Gurudwara (Sikh Temple)
- Jaisalmer - Camel safari & overnight desert camp
- Jaisalmer - Leader-led walking tour
- Jodhpur - Leader-led walking tour
- Udaipur - Leader-led walking tour
- Pushkar - Leader-led walking tour
- Jaipur - Leader-led walking & market tour
- Jaipur - Amber Fort
- Agra - Taj Mahal
- Any international flights to/from New Delhi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Real Rajasthan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 30+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Real Rajasthan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 October 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Real Rajasthan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Real Rajasthan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- As this is a Basix trip, there is plenty of free time built into the itinerary for you to enjoy as you wish in each destination. Your leader will take you on an orientation walk in each destination to get your bearings and give you plenty of suggestions - then what comes next is up to you! Please take into account spending money for optional sightseeing (including local transport to and from sights) that isn't included in the trip cost when budgeting for your journey.
- We are covering a lot of distance in a vast country, so this trip involves some very long bus and train rides. These can at times be a bit gruelling, but offer a quintessential and authentic Indian experience. You’ll be taking a overnight trains between some destinations, including a 19-hour trip from Delhi to Jaisalmer on Day 2.
- Sleeper trains are a great way to travel long distances while still getting maximum time in each place. Beds are padded berths with sheets, pillow and blanket provided (although some people prefer to bring their own sleeping sheet). Please note that you may be sharing with locals of the same or opposite gender. More information can be found in the 'Transport' section of the Essential Trip Information. Read about what it's like travelling on overnight trains in India, and around the world, here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/overnight-train-travel-around-the-world/
- For an open age Basix trip, see trip code HHRR on our website. If you'd prefer an itinerary in Rajasthan with more inclusions, higher standard of accommodation or less overnight trains, check out our HHSR & HHSC (Original) or HHKR (Comfort) trips.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.