- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-29 yrs
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Start the trip in the chaos of Delhi. It's all kinds of crazy as well as all kinds of delhiciousness. Don't leave without your leader showing you where to get the best street food.
- The Taj Mahal may be one of the most recognisable buildings in the world, but do you know its poetic history? A local expert will fill you in.
- Ditch your alarm, there’s only one way to wake up in this world and that’s with a sunrise sail along the Ganges.
- Lumbini is no ordinary town. Visit the birthplace of Gautama Buddha, the founder of Buddhism, and tour its temples and the legendary Ashoka Pillars.
Head from bustling Delhi to remote Tordi, get down and dirty with the best street food, gape at the Taj, cruise down the holy Ganges in Varanasi, hang in Buddha’s hometown (Lumbini), search for sloth bears and rhinos at Chitwan and finish up in Kathmandu. Got a sweet tooth? India's got the cure. Take one soft, fluffy ball of buffalo milk dough. Deep fry until it's the texture of a donut. Drop into sugar syrup flavoured with cardamom powder, rose essence and saffron. Eat. Repeat.
Agra - Overnight train
India/Nepal border crossing - Lumbini
Chitwan National Park
Chitwan National Park
- Hotel (6 nights), Jungle Lodge (2 nights), Heritage Property (3 nights), Overnight sleeper train (1 night)
- 1 Dinner
- Cycle rickshaw , Boat , Private vehicle , Public bus , Overnight sleeper train , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Jaipur - Leader-led walking & market tour
- Jaipur - Amber Fort
- Jaipur - Hawa Mahal (Palace of the Wind)
- Agra - Taj Mahal
- Varanasi - Sunrise Ganges boat trip
- Varanasi - Leader-led Old City walking tour
- Lumbini - Heritage Park
- Chitwan NP - Park entry
- Any international flights to New Delhi and from Kathmandu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Real Delhi to Kathmandu tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 39+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Real Delhi to Kathmandu tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 November 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Real Delhi to Kathmandu tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Real Delhi to Kathmandu tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip involves travel on public transport, covering long distances and subsequently some long days of travel. Long distance and overnight trains can often be delayed and occasionally cancelled due to heavy fog between December and February. Some patience will go a long way towards your enjoyment here. Sit back, relax, watch the scenery go by (a book or podcast won't hurt either).
- Weather in India and Nepal can be very hot in summer and surprisingly cold in winter, please pack accordingly so you aren't caught out! Check seasonal weather guides and pick a travel time that suits your comfort level.
- But what's it REALLY like? Read these warnings from a recent traveller on this trip: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/india-nepal-travel-advice/
- If you would prefer to travel from Kathmandu to Delhi on a similar itinerary for 18-29s, see trip code HHYD on our website. For journeys between Kathmandu and Delhi for travellers of all ages, see trip codes HHSK or HHSD.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?