- Sunrise pilgrimage to the Taj Mahal.
- Search for the elusive tiger.
- Cruise along the holy Ganges River.
- Feast on delectable local cuisine and sip on celebrated teas.
Unveil the topsy-turvy wonders, spiritual treasures, and colourful eccentricities of India in the company of celebrated Himalayan explorer, tea purveyor, and award-winning author Jeff Fuchs. Recently voted one of the country’s Greatest Explorers and longtime resident of Shangri-La in the Himalayas, Fuchs was the first documented westerner to have travelled by foot the legendary Tea Horse Road.Delve into another world as you discover the ancient cities and temples, unique wildlife and fascinating culture of Northern India. From snake charmers, bejeweled palaces and ancient ghost cities, to Buddhist blessings, jungle tigers and the Taj Mahal, each moment is a feast for the senses! Journey to Ranthambore and go wild on game drives in search of elusive tigers. Go beyond life as you know it in the extraordinary spirituality city of Varanasi where thousands of Hindu pilgrims come to soak in the holy waters of the Ganges. Pilgrimage to time-honored Agra and enjoy a sunrise visit to the serene white marble Taj Mahal. Shop for teas, woven rugs, precious stones, and other handicrafts in the bustling bazaars of Jaipur. Slip away from the buzz of the crowds for some quiet moments of contemplation over a cup of tea, complete with insider knowledge and captivating stories from Fuchs. As the host of the award-winning "Tea Explorer" documentary, undeniably you'll be introduced to some of the region's finest teas.
The group was made up of some Canadians with most being from the UK. I really enjoyed the dynamics of the group and our leader set the tone for what was a very pleasant time.
Our accommodation for the trip was also excellent, as was the food and the special activities like making pasta and tirimisu. Any problems that arouse were quickly taken care of and the staff were very helpful.
I'm already looking for another Exodus trip.”
Day 1: Start Delhi; transfer to Jaipur.
Day 2: Visit City Palace, Jantar Mantar, Hawa Mahal and the Amber Fort; free time
Day 3: To Ranthambore; afternoon game drive in search of elusive tiger.
Day 4: Morning game drive; drive to Agra via Fatehpur Sikri.
Day 5: Visit the incredible Taj Mahal and Agra Fort; overnight train to Varanasi.
Day 6: Relax and enjoy the wonders of Varanasi.
Day 7: Dawn boat ride on the Ganges visiting the bathing ghats; afternoon flight to
Day 8: Delhi free day or optional sightseeing.
Day 9: End Delhi.
- 7 nights hotels, all en suite, 1 night air-conditioned sleeper train and 1 domestic flight , All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 1 lunch included
- Travel by air-conditioned private bus, train, and domestic flight
- Transfer for group flights
- Group normally 4 - 15, plus Royal Canadian Geographic Society guide and local leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Any international flights to/from New Delhi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this RCGS: Highlights of Northern India with Jeff Fuchs tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this RCGS: Highlights of Northern India with Jeff Fuchs tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 0 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 26 July 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
RCGS: Highlights of Northern India with Jeff Fuchs tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this RCGS: Highlights of Northern India with Jeff Fuchs tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.