- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Overland Journeys
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 24
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the backstreets and alleyways of bustling Delhi
- Witness the holy rats in the Karni Mata rat temple near Bikaner
- Explore Jaisalmer and all its fascintating sites
- Overnight Rajasthan camel safari into the Thar Desert
Rajasthan is undoubtedly
the most colourful part of India; despite being such a harsh arid area that culminates
in the Thar Desert. It's the juxtaposition of the deep orange and browns of the
desert with the iridescent reds, yellows, blues and greens of the saris, dhotis,
and turbans that create such a vibrant atmosphere. Add in the spectacle of the multi
coloured spice market, spectacular sunsets over blood orange desert sands, the
vivid deep blues of Jodphur town houses, and the mirror whites of Udaipur and
you get a feel for what awaits the traveller in Rajasthan.This trip
takes us through the great cities of Rajasthan, through the deserts and beyond
to some of India's hidden gems and none more so than the Ghost City of Mandu;
yes, its way off the beaten track and takes a long time to get there, but
that's why so few folks visit. Add to this the great sites and cave temples of
Ellora and Ajanta and you have an amazing trip. Above all its about rural India
and village life…. Oh and, of course, Mumbai and Bollywood!
The Indian cooking course was a highlight.”
Day 1: Delhi
Day 2: Bikaner
Day 3: Jaisalmer
Day 4: Jaisalmer
Day 5: Jaisalmer
Day 6: Jodhpur
Day 7: Jodhpur
Day 8: Udaipur
Day 9: Udaipur
Day 10: Udaipur
Day 11: Mandu
Day 12: Mandu
Day 13: Ajanta
Day 14: Ellora
Day 15: Mumbai
Day 16: Mumbai
- Comfortable Hotel 2 nights
- Basic Hotel 7 nights
- Guesthouse 2 nights
- Camping 2 nights
- Camping without facilities 2 nights
- 6 Breakfasts
- 4 Lunches
- 6 Dinner
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Camel
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary
- Any international flights to New Delhi and from Mumbai are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Rajasthan & Rajput Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 71+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Rajasthan & Rajput Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Rajasthan & Rajput Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Rajasthan & Rajput Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.