- Active and outdoor
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Off the beaten track Himalayan adventure visiting remote villages
- Colourful Buddhist monasteries
- Climb Dzo Jongo East (6,189m)
Ladakh remains one of the best places to experience the unique culture of the High Himalaya. As well as the Tibetan culture and religion there are some fantastic trekking routes, many of them off the beaten track. Ladakh is also the best place to conquer your first 6,000m Himalayan peak and if conquering one summit isn't enough of a challenge, try two peaks and seven passes! After acclimatisation time in Leh (3,500m) we begin trekking from Mankarmo. The trail ascends spectacular gorges and crosses mountain passes to reach a high altitude plain at Nimaling. This is inhabited by Ladakhi shepherds and their huge flocks of sheep, goats and yaks. Vatseri Peak (5,640m) is a good warm up before summiting our highest peak, Dzo Jongo East (6,189m), which offers breath taking views over the Karakorum and Indian Himalaya. This optional climb is tough but technically easy and a much quieter summit thanStok Kangri. We trek out to the roadhead via a remote pass and beautiful valley with fantastic rock formations.
Day 1: Start Delhi.
Day 2: Fly to Leh (3,500m); rest of the day is free
Day 3: Sightseeing in and around Leh, visiting Thikse and Shey monasteries and Leh
Day 4: Acclimatisation walk in Leh Valley; optional jeep to the Khardung La (5,602m)
the highest motorable road in the world.
Day 5: Drive to Stok, start our trek heading t Mankarmo (4,350m)
Day 6: Cross the Matho La to Ganpoche (4,440m) the first of our passes
Day 7: On to our second pass Shang La then down to our camp at Shang Phu (4,373m)
Day 8: Through stark landscapes up to to Gyuncho La; then on to Chuskurmo (4,140m)
Day 9: Trek to our highest pass at Gongmaru La (5,236m). Today we have spectacular
views across the Indian Himalaya and Ladakh Range. Continue down to Nimaling
Day 10: Trek to Dzo Jongo Base Camp and then ascend Vatseri our warm-up peak. (Please
note the peak is optional)
Day 11: Rest and acclimatisation day at base camp. We can go for a short walk to see
tomorrow’s trail and admire the scenery.
Day 12: Today is summit day and so our wake-up call is very early for our climb to
Dzo Jongo East (6,189m). This climb is optional and there is a nice walk to a
glacial lake if you prefer.
Day 13: Trekking through a remote valley up to Lalung La (5,320m) we will have great
views of Dzo Jongo and Kang Yangste peaks. From here we head to our camp at
Day 14: The final part of our trek takes us to the green fields of Lato village where
we say goodbye to our pony men and camp crew and drive back to Leh.
Day 15: Fly to Delhi; afternoon free.
Day 16: End Delhi
- 6 nights hotels, all en suite, 9 nights full-service camping , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 9 lunches, 9 dinners
- 16 days land only/17 days flight inclusive
- Free airport transfer for any flight
- All listed transport and activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 10 days point-to-point walking
- Altitude maximum 6,189m, average 4,500m
- Golden Triangle extension available
- Optional single supplement (includes single tent)
- 15 - 31 July 2022 departure led by Valerie Parkinson
- Tour leader throughout
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Any international flights to/from New Delhi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Peaks of Ladakh Trek tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 136+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Peaks of Ladakh Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Peaks of Ladakh Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Peaks of Ladakh Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.