- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 16 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
The trail descends the Kibber gorge and then climbs over the Parang la (5600 m), the source of the Pare Chu River, the only one of its kind that emanates from India, flows into Tibet and re-enters India again in Spiti. Across the pass, we witness an incredible change of scenery as we walk towards the Rupshu plains of Changthang plateau (the eastern-most tip of the Tibetan Plateau), known for the a very high population of Kiangs (Tibetan Wild Ass).For the last two days, we camp by the breathtaking campsites, one of them being located on the southern edge of the Tso Moriri Lake at 15,000ft.msl which is 27 km long and nearly 8 km wide. The lake hosts nesting grounds for a variety of birds like Brahminy ducks, black-necked cranes and the bar-headed geese.
A fairly demanding trek across harsh terrain, this trip offers a variety of landscape from the narrow reddened gorges of Spiti to the massive open spaces of Changthang, to expansive lakes set in the high plateaus with views of mountains far into Tibet.
Day 1: Overnight drive from Delhi to Manali
Day 2: Arrive Manali (1,900m) and rest day
Day 3: Drive to Kaza, 120 km (3,600m)
Day 4: Rest day at Kaza
Day 5: Drive to Kibber and Trek to Dumla (4,200m)
Day 6: Trek to Thaltak (4,600m)
Day 7: Trek to Bongrojen (5,000m)
Day 8: Trek to Datang Yongma (4,640m) via Parang La (5,580m)
Day 9: Trek to Rachalamo (4,260m)
Day 10: Trek to Chumik Shilde (4,390m)
Day 11: Trek to Kiangdam (4,510m)
Day 12: Rest day
Day 13: Trek to Korzok (4,570m)
Day 14: Drive to Leh via Mahe
Day 15: Sightseeing around Leh
Day 16: Fly from Leh and back to Delhi
- AC Volvo bus from New Delhi to Manali
- All transport by non-AC SUV cars.
- 5 hotel nights (Manali hotel on bed & breakfast basis)
- All accommodation on twin sharing basis in Hotel and tents.
- All meals from breakfast on Day 3 till breakfast on Day 16
- 1 Professional guide
- All fees, camping fee, sanctuary fee.
- Tents, mattress and all group camping gear.
- All trekking arrangements with guiding team, camp staff, cook etc.
- Lunch & Dinner at Manali
- Sleeping bag & Personal Trekking Gear
- Flight tickets from Leh to Delhi
- Items of personal clothing
- Any arrangements in Delhi
- Expenses of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, alcohol, cigarettes, camera fee
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Earn US$ 44+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.