- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 16 days
- tour type Private
- tour_type Private tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
The explorations, which began as early as 1934, have mostly come a cropper, with weather, terrain and nerves beating each party back.
The prize of the exploration is the crossing of the Panpatia col, a pass that hides its approach within drifts of moraines, crevasses and massive icefalls. But a route across it exists, and we know that from the many reports submitted by the mountaineers, and the final successful crossing by a duo from West Bengal, in 2007.
After extensive research and reading, and fresh from the successful crossing of this legendary route, we at White Magic are ready to open a once-hidden expanse of the Himalaya to the inquisitive of mind and sturdy of heart. Join us as we unravel the mythical Panpatia col bit by alluring bit.
Day 1: Board the overnight train to Haridwar
Day 2: Drive from Haridwar to Joshimath (1,875m)
Day 3: Drive to Badrinath (3,133m) & drive back to Khirao
Day 4: Trek to Shepherd Camp
Day 5: Trek to Snout Camp
Day 6: Trek to Moraine Camp (4,300m)
Day 7: Rest & Acclimatize (4,300m)
Day 8: Trek to the base of Parvati Col
Day 9: Trek to the Panpatia Snowfield – Camp 1
Day 10: Trek to Panpatia Snowfield – Camp 11
Day 11: Across Panpatia Col (5,260m) & Camp at Sujal Sarovar
Day 12: Trek to Kachni
Day 13: Trek to Nanu Chatti
Day 14: Trek to Ransi and drive to Chopta
Day 15: Contingency day
Day 16: Drive to Haridwar to board the evening Shatadi train
- All travel from Delhi and back to Delhi by road/ rail / air as applicable (by non ac car / 2 or 3 tier ac coach)
- All arrangements for overnight stay while on the trip
- Accommodation on twin share basis in tents / rest houses / hotels
- All group climbing gear like ropes, anchors, slings etc. and individual climbing kit which would be hired - e.g. climbing boots, ice-axes, crampons and gaiters
- All meals, tea/coffee and snacks
- 1 professional mountain guide
- All fees, permit fees, sanctuary fee / royalty where applicable
- All trekking arrangements with India’s most experienced guiding team, camp staff, cook etc.
- Railway station / airport transfers in Delhi
- Any stay and meals in Delhi
- Sleeping bag, items of personal clothing etc
- Expenses of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls, alcohol, cigarettes, insurance and camera fees
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Earn US$ 54+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.