- Art and architecture
- duration 1 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Learn how to create your own personalised mandala in a fun and interactive, familyfriendly session
- Discover how mandala drawing is used as meditation, and learn the therapeutic benefits of practicing this art form
- Try out different patterns of mandala design with your online host to guide you (even if you’re not an artist!)
- Learn about the importance of mandala art in Indian culture and religion
Mandala art (geometric patterns) is so much more than pretty designs. Did you know, it’s actually used as a form of meditation and is a rich part of Indian culture? In this live online experience, you and your family will learn how to design your own mandalas while using your breath to clear your mind. No art skills required! Only one adult ticket is needed per household.
Note: This tour starts at 11:30am (all days) or 7:30pm (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) local Delhi time. Please remember to check the corresponding start time for your time zone. Your email confirmation will be in local Delhi time.
We’ll kick off your online family experience with a round of introductions, so you can get to know your guide and other guests. We’ll then give you an overview of mandala art, including what it is, the various types and its cultural importance in India. Did you know that mandala drawing is more than just artwork? It's actually a form of meditation that can help to clear the mind, build patience and give you a sense of peace.
Your Indian host will tell you and your family about their own journey in mandala art and meditation, and they'll even show you some of their own personal art pieces.
Even if you and your child are not artists, by the end of the online class, you’ll both be able to draw your own mandala! Your host will show you simple steps to making a mandala grid, and will explain the basic patterns and different shapes. They’ll also explain how to use your breath while creating patterns, and how to find shape inspiration in the environment around you.
Your host will check in on you while you’re drawing, and you’re free to ask questions as you go.
Once you’ve drawn your mandala, you’ll learn how colour can be added and what the colours mean, such as using green to bring calmness.
Afterwards, your host will send you worksheets so you can continue to practice making mandalas on your own!
You’ll need: Geometry kit with protractor, scale and compass, pencil, eraser, sharpener, black fine-tip pen, paper (ideally A4 white or art sheet), colored pencils/markers/crayons in any color you love (optional).
- English-speaking guide
- Drawing supplies
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Online Delhi Experience for Families: Mandala Art & Meditation Class tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date -full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 September 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Online Delhi Experience for Families: Mandala Art & Meditation Class tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Online Delhi Experience for Families: Mandala Art & Meditation Class tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
From the comfort of your own home!This tour starts at 11:30 am (all days) or 7:30 pm (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) local Delhi time. Please check the corresponding start time for your time zone. Your email confirmation will be in local Delhi time.Meeting end point :
The comfort of your homeCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.