- duration 16 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- Delhi Explore India's bustling capital by metro and rickshaw
- Jaipur, Agra and Udaipur Discover India's glorious Moghul heritage
- Varanasi Witness the evening aarti ceremony in the holy Hindu city
- Ganges sailing Spend two days drifting past the timeless landscapes of the sacred Ganges by traditional sail boat
This trip covers the diverse cities and landscapes of one of the most culturally rich regions in India as we travel by train, bus and even sail on a traditional boat on the mighty Ganges. From the crowded markets and important buildings in the capital of Delhi to the historically rich Kolkata, this journey packs in a wealth of highlights. Beyond the Golden Triangle- As well as seeing Delhi, Agra & Jaipur, we journey to Pushkar for a camel safari and discover the historical riches of the lake city of Udaipur Ganges River sailing- Cruise on India's most sacred river, otherwise known as the 'Ganga' and camp under the stars on its banks Varanasi and Kolkata- Experience the Ganga Aarti ceremony on the ghats of the Ganges and spend some free time in colonially influenced Kolkata
I think this was my 25th trip with Explore. I'm sure it won't be my last. Bring back camping, please!”
Day 1 : Join trip in Delhi
Day 2 : Optional Old Delhi tour. Overnight train to Udaipur
Day 3 : Arrive Udaipur
Day 4 : Free day in Udaipur
Day 5 : AM train to Ajmer. Transfer to Pushkar by jeep
Day 6 : In Pushkar
Day 7 : AM local bus to Jaipur. PM orientation tour
Day 8 : AM optional visit to Amber Fort
Day 9 : AM train to Agra. PM free
Day 10 : In Agra. Overnight train to Allahabad
Day 11 : Arrive Allahabad. Drive to Batoli Ghat and board boats
Day 12 : Sail to Varanasi
Day 13 : In Varanasi
Day 14 : In Varanasi. Overnight train to Kolkata
Day 15 : Arrive Kolkata.
Day 16 : Trip ends in Kolkata (Calcutta)
- 4 nights comfortable hotel
- 3 nights simple overnight train
- 7 nights simple hotel
- 1 night simple camping
- 12 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Boat, Public Bus, Rickshaw, Taxi, Train
- Explore Tour Leader, Boat Crew, Driver(s)
- Any international flights to New Delhi and from Kolkata are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this North India Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Explore. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 68 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 45 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 128 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 11 February 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
North India Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this North India Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.