- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Private
- tour_type Private tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
Miyaris (people from this region) are known to be very entrepreneurial and there are significant numbers of successful Miyaris in other parts of the Himalaya, particularly in Manali. Most of the people of the Nala are Buddhists and there is a small Gompa (monastery) at the village of Urgos.
Cultivation of grains and peas ceases in the valley at nearly 12,000 feet, where the beautiful Himalayan meadows begin. Here Gaddis (shepherd tribe) graze their flocks in the late summer.
There is also a much-loved high-altitude cricket-ground with a sensational view of 15 or more snow-covered peaks. The meadows and the steep rocky side valleys feature the full variety of Himalayan high-altitude flora, which can take some serious clambering to find.
At Phalpu, the bottom of the Miyar Glacier, the audacious can bathe in Kesariyong Chu, seven icy sacred pools. On all sides snow-covered peaks abound, many of them unclimbed. Some of the most beautiful and most jagged ones are in Chhudong valley. You can only see these after a stiff hike up the side valley above Phalpu to the base of dominant Castle Peak and then perhaps up the incredible Chhudong/Tawa Glacier to Neverseen Tower at nearly 6,000m.
On the other side of the valley a series of more accessible peaks, such as RachuTangmu, rises in a line, really a series of ridges, above the main Miyar Glacier.
Starting in Miyar valley, the trek to Kang La (pass) involves traversing over the 24 km long Miyar glacier and a climb up to 5450m. This pass forms the route to cross over into the Zanskar Valley which lies north of the Great Himalayan range.
Day 1: Overnight Bus from Delhi to Manali
Day 2: Arrive Manali
Day 3: Drive from Manali to Shukto
Day 4: Trek to Thanpattan
Day 5: Trek to Zardong
Day 6: Trek to Phalpu (the snout of the glacier)
Day 7: Free day
Day 8: Trek from Phalpu to Challing
Day 9: Trek from Challing to meadow above the village
Day 10: Trek from the village meadow - Shukto & drive to Manali
Day 11: Free day in Manali & depart to Delhi in the evening
Day 12: Arrive Delhi
- Transportation by an AC Volvo coach from New Delhi to Manali & back from Manali to New Delhi
- Transport from Manali to Urgus & back in Non-AC SUVs
- Twin Share accommodation in tents with foam sleeping pads for 10 nights on the trek
- Entry fees, Camping fees & Trekking Permit
- Full board camping arrangements on the mountain with a large mess tent, tables & stools
- White Magic Trip Leader assisted by certified, experienced local guide
- Porterage of all the personal baggage & group equipment.
- Accommodation and meals in Manali
- Sleeping Bag Items of personal clothing
- Any arrangements in Delhi
- Air Fares, Visas, Insurance, Airport taxes, laundry, phone calls, beverages and bottled water, souvenirs and other expenses of a personal nature.
- Tips for guides, cooks & porters, any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control
- Earn US$ 41+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.