- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Ride six spectacular Himalayan passes
- Enjoy a fantastic 2000m descent to Leh
- Admire ancient Buddhist monasteries
This unique region, home to traditional Tibetan Buddhism, is the scene for one of cycling's epic journeys. The ride takes us from verdant forests and flower-filled valleys to barren lunar landscapes with towering peaks and hanging glaciers. As our route weaves its way across the Indian Himalaya we get a taste of the rich Ladakhi culture and see monasteries majestically perched on high spurs, and enjoy the tranquility and beauty of a genuinely untouched land. Running the trip in this direction entails more climbing overall, but offers the best opportunity to fully acclimatise and cycle the whole route.
Day 1: Start Delhi.
Day 2: Train to Chandigarh; drive to Mandi.
Day 3: Drive to Manali; free afternoon to explore.
Day 4: Acclimatisation ride around Manali.
Day 5: Gradually climb through alpine forest towards Marhi.
Day 6: Cycle to Sissu over the Rohtang La (3946m).
Day 7: Cycle from Sissu to Patseo via the oasis town of Keylong.
Day 8: Ride over the Baralacha La (4933m) and on to Sarchu.
Day 9: A challenging day, via Nakli La (4948m) and Lachalung La (5100m), to Pang.
Day 10: Across the Mori Plains to Tsokar Lake.
Day 11: Explore the nomad settlements around the lake; ride over the Taglang La
(5350m) to Lato.
Day 12: Ride to Leh, visiting Thikse Monastery en route.
Day 13: Climb to Khardung La (5602m), one of the highest motorable roads in the
world; exhilarating downhill ride back to Leh.
Day 14: Fly to Delhi; optional sightseeing tour.
Day 15: End Delhi.
- 7 nights hotels, 7 nights full service camping , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 8 lunches and 7 dinners included
- 10 days cycling with full vehicle support
- Transfer for group flights
- Group normally 4 to 15, plus leader, driver and camp staff. Min age 18 yrs
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to/from New Delhi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Manali to Leh Ride tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 118+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Manali to Leh Ride tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Manali to Leh Ride tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Manali to Leh Ride tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.