- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- Ride six spectacular Himalayan passes
- Enjoy a fantastic 2000m descent to Leh
- Admire ancient Buddhist monasteries
This unique region, home to traditional Tibetan Buddhism, is the scene for one of cycling's epic journeys. The ride takes us from verdant forests and flower-filled valleys to barren lunar landscapes with towering peaks and hanging glaciers. As our route weaves its way across the Indian Himalaya we get a taste of the rich Ladakhi culture and see monasteries majestically perched on high spurs, and enjoy the tranquility and beauty of a genuinely untouched land. Running the trip in this direction entails more climbing overall, but offers the best opportunity to fully acclimatise and cycle the whole route.
Day 1: Start Delhi.
Train to Chandigarh; drive to Mandi.
Day 3: Drive to Manali; free afternoon to explore.
Acclimatisation ride around Manali.
Gradually climb through alpine forest towards Marhi.
Cycle to Sissu over the Rohtang La (3946m).
Cycle from Sissu to Patseo via the oasis town of Keylong.
Ride over the Baralacha La (4933m) and on to Sarchu.
A challenging day, via Nakli La (4948m) and Lachalung La (5100m), to Pang.
Across the Mori Plains to Tsokar Lake.
Explore the nomad settlements around the lake; ride over the Taglang La
(5350m) to Lato.
Ride to Leh, visiting Thikse Monastery en route.
Climb to Khardung La (5602m), one of the highest motorable roads in the
world; exhilarating downhill ride back to Leh.
Day 14: Fly to Delhi; optional sightseeing tour.
- 7 nights hotels, 7 nights full service camping , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 8 lunches and 7 dinners included
- 10 days cycling with full vehicle support
- Transfer for group flights
- Group normally 4 to 15, plus leader, driver and camp staff. Min age 18 yrs
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to/from New Delhi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Manali to Leh Ride tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 103 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 22 March 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Manali to Leh Ride tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Manali to Leh Ride tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.