- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Indulge in some of Delhi’s best local food, including shawarma, and kulfifalooda
- Tantalise your tastebuds with some nonalcoholic fruit beer
- Explore the busy streets of Delhi and their famous street food stalls
- Experience traditional local transportation on a cycle rickshaw ride
Go beyond the cliched curry and try some authentic Indian bites on this Delhi tour. From homemade ice cream to fruit beer and dumplings, Delhi's food scene is thriving and surprising.
Experience the best travel stories for yourself. Join a local expert and uncover hidden gems on this city adventure hand-picked by the world's leading travel publisher. Lonely Planet Experiences powered by Urban Adventures bring stories to life in the best-loved cities around the globe.
This delicious Delhi food tour begins with a bit of local culture. Hop on a cycle rickshaw, one of the most colourful methods of transportation in Delhi, and pass through the city’s picturesque colleges and universities, stopping at an ancient Hanuman temple.
After visiting the temple, we head out to our first food stop and witness how fresh local shawarma (kebab) is made. From here, we’ll continue on to an iconic neighbourhood eatery that is popular with everyone, including students from nearby colleges. Here, you can enjoy a local favourite – fresh fruit beer – as well as momos (dumplings) and banta, a delicious lemon-based drink that’s an ideal refreshment for hot Delhi weather.
We then continue through the Kamla Market and emerge into a narrow alley full of delectable street food joints. This lane is a great spot for photographers and food lovers alike, and here’s where we’ll sample several local delicacies like golgappas and bhelpuri. Yum!
After sampling nearly everything we possibly can, walk it off through some beautiful nearby markets, admiring everything including the work of a local henna painter. Just when you didn’t think it possible, we’ll find more food! Sample some crispy potatoes, pao bhajji, and stop for the best homemade ice cream in Delhi, kulfi-falooda.
A little more walking through the bustling, fascinating streets of Delhi will lead us to our final stop – a sweet shop, where we’ll have the opportunity to try some fresh samosa, gulab jamun, and Jalebi.
This delectable Delhi tour will leave you very satisfied and an aficionado of Delhi’s best local food, which you’ll be craving long after you leave this enigmatic city.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Rickshaw ride
- All food and drink as indicated.
- Entrance to Hindu temple
- Items of personal nature
- additional food beyond inclusions
- tips / gratuities for your local guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Lonely Planet Experiences: Delhi Food Walk tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Lonely Planet Experiences: Delhi Food Walk tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Lonely Planet Experiences: Delhi Food Walk tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Vishwidhalaya Metro Station, Gate No. 4 (Yellow Line)Meeting end point :
Vishwidhalaya Metro Station.Lonely Planet extras
- Free access to the Lonely Planet mobile app for one year
- 25% discount on all items in the Lonely Planet Shop
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.