- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit remote villages on this classic Himalayan trek
- Explore colourful Buddhist monasteries in the Indus Valley
- Discover multicoloured rock formations of the Ladakh Range
- Cross wild, barren mountain passes and trek through spectacular gorges
Ladakh remains one of the best places to experience the unique culture of the High Himalaya. As our trek follows the Markha River, we discover a landscape where lofty peaks of the Stok, Matho and Zanskar Ranges tower above picturesque Ladakhi villages and verdant valleys below. From the highest pass, the Gongmaru La (5200m), we enjoy incredible views extending as far as Tibet, before descending to Hemis, Ladakh’s largest and most famous monastery.
Day 1: Start Delhi.
Day 2: Fly to Leh (3500m); rest of the day free.
Day 3: Exploring in and around Leh, visiting the town, palace and monasteries at
Shey and Thikse.
Day 4: Acclimatisation walk in Leh Valley; optional jeep drive to the Khardung La
(which at 5602m, is the highest motorable road in the world).
Day 5: Short drive to Jinchen; trek to Rumbak.
Day 6: Pass Yurutse village to reach the base of the Ganda La.
Day 7: Cross the Ganda La (4970m) to Skiu in the Markha Valley.
Day 8: Follow the river to Markha (3750m).
Day 9: Trek to Thachungste, visiting Tache Gompa perched above us en route.
Day 10: Climb to the high plateau at Nimaling.
Day 11: Cross the Gongmaru La (5286m) with views of the high Ladakh Range.
Day 12: Finish the trek near Hemis; visit the monastery and drive to Leh.
Day 13: Fly to Delhi.
Day 14: End Delhi.
- 6 nights hotels, all en suite, 7 nights full-service camping , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 7 lunches and 7 dinners
- Travel by jeep, on foot and 2 internal flights
- All transport and listed activities
- 7 days point-to-point walking
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader and staff. Min age 18 yrs
- Altitude maximum 5200m, average 3900m
- Full porterage throughout the trek
- Tour leader throughout
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Any international flights to/from New Delhi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Ladakh: The Markha Valley tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 86 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 245 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 29 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Ladakh: The Markha Valley tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ladakh: The Markha Valley tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.