- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Visit remote villages on a classic Himalayan trek
- Explore colourful Buddhist monasteries in the Indus Valley
- Discover multicoloured rock formations of the Ladakh Range
- Cross wild, barren mountain passes and trek through spectacular gorges
Ladakh remains one of the best places to experience the unique culture of the High Himalaya. As our trek follows the Markha River, we discover a landscape where lofty peaks of the Stok, Matho and Zanskar Ranges tower above picturesque Ladakhi villages and verdant valleys below. From the highest pass, the Gongmaru La (5200m), we enjoy incredible views extending as far as Tibet, before descending to Hemis, Ladakh’s largest and most famous monastery.
Day 1: Start Delhi.
Day 2: Fly to Leh (3500m); rest of the day free.
Day 3: Exploring in and around Leh, visiting the town, palace and monasteries at
Shey and Thikse.
Day 4: Acclimatisation walk in Leh Valley; optional jeep drive to the Khardung La
(which at 5602m, is the highest motorable road in the world).
Day 5: Short drive to Jinchen; trek to Rumbak.
Day 6: Pass Yurutse village to reach the base of the Ganda La.
Day 7: Cross the Ganda La (4970m) to Skiu in the Markha Valley.
Day 8: Follow the river to Markha (3750m).
Day 9: Trek to Thachungste, visiting Tache Gompa perched above us en route.
Day 10: Climb to the high plateau at Nimaling.
Day 11: Cross the Gongmaru La (5286m) with views of the high Ladakh Range.
Day 12: Finish the trek near Hemis; visit the monastery and drive to Leh.
Day 13: Fly to Delhi.
Day 14: End Delhi.
- 6 nights hotels, all en suite, 7 nights full-service camping , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 7 lunches and 7 dinners
- Travel by jeep, on foot and 2 internal flights
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 7 days point-to-point walking
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader and staff. Min age 18 yrs
- Altitude maximum 5200m, average 3900m
- Full porterage throughout the trek
- Tour leader throughout
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Any international flights to/from New Delhi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Ladakh: The Markha Valley tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 103+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ladakh: The Markha Valley tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Ladakh: The Markha Valley tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ladakh: The Markha Valley tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.