- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
There is a 24 km long, crevasse infested glacier we trek on to reach this pass. An extremely remote and unfrequented trek, this rewards the people who do it with some stunning scenery. Massive meadows carpeted with wild flowers, Gaddi shepherds with their huge flocks, sparkling streams, pristine glacial lakes, snow mountains all around and a long glacier, are just some from the trek before crossing the Kang La. Once you do, we enter another different world- "The Kingdom of Zanskar" with its arid lands and monasteries built into mountain sides and people so primitive that we feel we have just gone back in time.
Miyar Nala, as it is often known, is an exceptionally long valley, with the Miyar river running down into the Chandra Bhaga river at Udaipur over 50 kilometers below the Miyar Glacier. Starting in Miyar valley where wild flowers abound, the trek to Kang La (pass) involves traversing over the 24 km long Miyar glacier and a climb up to 5468 m.
Day 1: Overnight Bus from Delhi to Manali
Day 2: Arrive Manali (1,920m)
Day 3: Drive Manali to Shukto
Day 4: Trek to Thanpattan
Day 5: Trek to Zardong
Day 6: Trek to Phalpu (The snout of the glacier)
Day 7: Trek to Camp 1 (4,400m) on the glacier
Day 8: Trek to Camp 2 (4,870m) - Kangla Jot Base
Day 9: Cross Kang La & descend to the other base (4,400m)
Day 10: Trek to Bardan (3,670m) & drive to Padum
Day 11: Drive to Kargil
Day 12: Drive to Leh/Srinagar
Day 13: Free Day
Day 14: Fly to Delhi
- Transportation by an AC Volvo coach from New Delhi to Manali & back from Manali to New Delhi
- Transport from Manali to Urgus & back in Non-AC SUVs
- Transport from Bardan to Leh in Non-AC SUVs
- Twin Share accommodation in tents with foam sleeping pads for camping nights on trek
- Entry fees, Camping fees & Trekking Permit
- Full board camping arrangements on the mountain with a large mess tent, tables & stools
- White Magic Trip Leader assisted by certified, experienced local guide
- Portage of all the personal baggage & group equipment.
- Accommodation and meals in Manali
- Sleeping Bag Items of personal clothing
- Any arrangements in Delhi
- Air Fares, Visas, Insurance, Airport taxes, laundry, phone calls, beverages and bottled water, souvenirs and other expenses of a personal nature.
- Tips for guides, cooks & porters
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control
- Earn US$ 47+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.