- Food tour
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Get a true taste of some of India's finest culinary traditions – Mughal, Rajasthani, and the Portuguesetinged flavours of Goa – while feasting in local restaurants, rural homes and heritage buildings.
- Some of India’s best food is found at a street side stall. Get in touch with an amazing array of authentic food on eyeopening and adventurous cuisine crawls around Delhi, Udaipur and Mumbai.
- Bask in the ivory glow of the iconic Taj Mahal in Agra, followed by a Mughlai cooking demonstration and lunch in a local home with your small group.
- Take a day to visit local farming communities in Rajasthan’s Mewar region, visiting working vegetable and spice farms to learning about these coveted building blocks of Indian cuisine.
Spend two fabulous weeks discovering the sights, sounds and flavours of India. From Delhi to Goa via the ethereal beauty of Rajasthan and to the bustling metropolis of Mumbai, experience the very best street food in Delhi, the beautiful sight of the Taj Mahal in Agra and the delightful taste of Rajasthan’s traditional cuisine in Jaipur and Udaipur. Relax on Goa’s beaches, see Jaipur’s breathtaking Palace of the Wind, explore the vibrant street food scene of Mumbai and spend time in rural Rajasthan living it up in a 17th-century fort. With a taste of India’s vibrant markets and the chance to cook up a storm yourself, this unforgettable journey will take you to the cultural and gastronomic heart of India.
Udaipur – Overnight Train
- Hotel (11 nights), Heritage property (2 nights), Overnight sleeper train (1 night)
- 13 Breakfasts, 9 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- Plane , private vehicle , taxi , train , overnight train
- An expert tour leader
- Real Food Adventure Welcome Dinner
- Delhi - Leader-led Old Delhi walking & rickshaw tour
- Delhi - Street Food Breakfast
- Delhi - Jama Masjid
- Delhi - Lunch at a Sikh Temple
- Agra - Taj Mahal
- Agra - Mughlai Cooking Demonstration
- Jaipur - Amber Fort
- Jaipur - traditional Kachori lunch
- Jaipur - Rajasthani Cooking Class and Dinner
- Bijaipur - Leader-led village tour
- Castle Bijaipur - Rajasthani Desert Cooking Demonstration and Dinner
- Udaipur - City Palace
- Udaipur - Thali Cooking Class
- Mumbai - Chowpatty Beach Street Food Crawl
- Goa - Spice farm tour including lunch
- Goa - Goan Market Tour and Cooking Class
- Any international flights to New Delhi and from Candolim are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this India Real Food Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 82+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this India Real Food Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 November 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
India Real Food Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this India Real Food Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip aims to give you an exciting, diverse and well-rounded experience of a country’s cuisine. While we endeavour to cater for specific dietary requirements, some meals and food activities are set in advance and may be difficult to adjust. In many countries, dietary restrictions are not common or well understood. If you have dietary requirements, please advise your agent at time of booking to receive information on how this may impact on your ability to take part in included activities and meals. Come with an open mind and open mouth, and you won’t be disappointed.
- India is a big country and there are some long travel days on this departure. Use these as an opportunity to relax, witness everyday life from the window of your vehicle and to get to know your fellow travellers.
- This trip travels by overnight train from Udaipur to Mumbai. While the overnight train can seem a little daunting, it is a very efficient way to travel long distances and maximising time in each place. Note that long distance and overnight trains can often be delayed and occasionally cancelled due to heavy fog between December and February.
- This trip stays in a mix of accommodation to experience a variety of Indian life. Standards can vary though – there will be hot water in most but not all hotels.
- The climate in India can vary in the different states – be prepared for hot sticky days and cooler evenings. Layered clothing is the best way to tackle this disparity in weather.
- Old Delhi can be very busy and crowded. While it’s an exciting place to see local life moving around you, be aware that on the walking tour you’ll need to navigate through people, tight spaces and walkways.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.