- Active and outdoor
- Train tour
- Art and architecture
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Old and New Delhi
- Forts and palaces in Bundi
- Pink city of Jaipur
- The capital of Rajasthan
This 9-day shoestring India tour is the perfect way to explore the northern regions culturally rich country. We'll explore the 'Golden Triangle' of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur before spending some time in the Rajasthan town of Bundi, famed for its forts, towering palaces and deep step wells.
The India tour starts and ends in the capital city of Delhi, exploring both its old and new sides, which gives you the opportunity to take in the contrasting beauty of its divide. From Delhi, we board a sleeper train to Bundi where a local guide will show us around the town and explore the fort with us.
After spending some time in Bundi, we make our way to the 'Pink City' of Jaipur - the heart of Rajasthan, famed for its bustling craft and produce markets, making it a great place to do some shopping. Tours to the nearby Amber Fort and to explore different aspects of Jaipur itself are available here.
We'll then make our way to Agra, visiting the imposing Agra Fort before we take in the impressive Taj Mahal at sunset, watching how its ivory-white marbled walls change colour as the light dims.
Travel between the cities is done on Indian Railways in comfortable second class air conditioned carriages, which give a great view of rural India as it passes you by. Accommodation is in a mix of budget hotels, friendly homestays and heritage properties.
Private tour option
If our scheduled departure dates don't work for you, or you would prefer not to travel with a group, then we can also run this affordable tour privately for you. Please contact us for more information and prices.
Day 1 : Welcome to Delhi - airport to hotel transfer included
Day 2 : Free time in Delhi. Optional tours available
Day 3 : Exploring the town of Bundi
Day 4 : From Bundi to Jaipur
Day 5 : Exploring the Pink City of Jaipur
Day 6 : Agra & the Taj Mahal
Day 7 : Free time in Agra. Optional tours available
Day 8 : Free time in Delhi. Hotel to airport transfer included
- All accommodation as stated in the itinerary in budget hotels, homestays and heritage properties
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Transport and transfers by AC car/minibus
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Services of local leaders and specialist guides
- 2nd class AC sleeper and chair carriages used for train journeys
- Sightseeing tours as per the itinerary
- International Flights (available on request)
- Visa fees
- Travel Insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Single room supplements (chargeable if a same-sex room share is not available)
- Entrance fees to sites visited in the itinerary
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks, tips and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tips for drivers and guides
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 30+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this India on a Shoestring tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 August 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
India on a Shoestring tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this India on a Shoestring tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.