- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Rickshaw, cycle or local transport tour
- Culture shows and excursions
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 21 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Discover Northern India's manmade beauties – from Jaipur’s ‘Palace of the Winds’ and Royal City Palace to Agra’s Red Fort and iconic Taj Mahal.
- The Taj Mahal may be one of the most recognisable buildings in the world, but do you know its poetic history? A local expert will fill you in.
- See pilgrims praying and bathing along the ghats of the sacred Ganges River during an unforgettable sunrise cruise in Varanasi – one of India's holiest cities.
- Take a nature walk in the acclaimed Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, looking out for tiger tracks with your local village guides.
Experience the real India on this comfortable introduction to the cultures of the north and the natural beauty of the south. Travelling from Delhi to Kovalam, see what that India has to offer on a 21-day enigmatic adventure. The country’s highlights and hidden jewels are revealed against a backdrop of green through the Western Ghats and in the vibrant towns of Rajasthan. Visit India's lively cities contrasted with the quiet repose of tiny fishing villages, along with tea gardens, tribal homes and colonial enclaves. This wonderful introduction to the magic of India includes lavish palaces, vibrant bazaars, Bollywood blockbusters, and the incomparable Taj Mahal, so take time to discover its beating heart.
Varanasi - Delhi
Mamallapuram – Puducherry
- Hotel (18 nights), Resort (3 nights)
- 19 Breakfasts, 2 Dinners
- Auto rickshaw , Boat , Cycle rickshaw , Metro , Plane , Private vehicle , Ferry , Train
- An expert tour leader
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Delhi - Leader-led Old Delhi walking & rickshaw tour
- Delhi - Jama Masjid
- Delhi - Sheeshganj Gurudwara (Sikh Temple)
- Agra - Taj Mahal
- Agra - Agra Fort
- Jaipur - Leader-led walking & market tour
- Jaipur - Bollywood Movie at Raj Mandir Cinema
- Jaipur - Amber Fort
- Varanasi - Leader-led Old City walking tour
- Varanasi - Sunset candle flower ceremony
- Varanasi - Sunrise Ganges boat trip
- Mamallapuram - Shore Temples guided tour
- Puducherry - Leader-led French Quarter walking tour
- Karaikudi - Havelis
- Karaikudi - Leader-led village walk
- Madurai - Sri Meenakshi Temple guided tour
- Madurai - Leader-led walking tour
- Periyar - Spice plantation visit
- Periyar - Guided nature walk
- Kochi - Leader-led Fort Kochi walking tour
- Kochi - Kathakali performance
- Kochi - Jewish Synagogue
- Kochi - Dutch Palace
- Kumarakom - Backwaters boating excursion
- Kumarakom - Leader-led village walk
- Kovalam - Leader-led walking tour
- Any international flights to New Delhi and from Kovalam are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this India Experience tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 144+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this India Experience tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 09 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 09 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
India Experience tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this India Experience tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Part of travelling with Intrepid means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. We’ll be visiting multiple temples during the trip and during these visits, you must wear clothing that covers the arms, legs, and shoulders.
- Between December and February, flights and trains in the north can be delayed due to fog. Patience goes a long way here, and also, this just adds to the country’s atmospheric vistas.
- In the summer months, it will get very hot in the regions visited. Be sure to drink lots of water, pack light cotton clothing and use adequate skin protection.
- Please note there are several early mornings on this trip, allowing you to see more of the country in the captivating morning light.
- As we'll be walking through varying terrain in national parks and villages, a basic level of fitness and comfortable walking shoes are essential. Leech socks will be provided for the Periyar nature walk.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point instructions
Joining point description