- Bird watching
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Old and New Delhi
- The Taj Mahal and Red Fort
- Lost city of Fatehpur Sikri
- Shekhawati Havellis
Our 9-day Incredible India takes you north, as we explore the Golden Triangle route of Delhi, Jaipur, Agra and includes unique activities and experiences to give you an authentic Indian holiday.
We'll start in India's capital city of New Delhi, which is home to an unforgettable collage of all the cultures, religions and languages. We'll also visit Old Delhi - which served as the home of the Mughal Empire centuries ago. You'll be mesmerised by Old Delhi's rich history, exquisite architecture and its tasty street cuisine, in contrast to the modern architecture and way of life in New Delhi.
We'll also stop at the 'Pink City' of Jaipur, the capital of India's Rajasthan state. We'll explore it's highlights such as Amber Fort, City Palace and the Jantar Mantar Observatory, whilst also taking in the beautiful craft and produce markets dotted all around us. While we're in Rajasthan, we'll also visit the village of Tordi - staying in a converted palace and exploring its remote village, which will give you great insight into the daily lives of the locals who call this rural area home.
We'll visit the massive stepwell at Abanheri, which boasts approximately 3,500 steps and 13 stories, before heading to Bharatpur for a guided cycle rickshaw ride in the Keoladeo National Park, exploring its wide variety of birdlife and other wildlife.
Next on the agenda is a tour of Fatehpur Sikri, a small, deserted city in northern India, just west of Agra. Built during the second half of the 16th century by the Emperor Akbar, Fatehpur Sikri was the capital of the Mughal Empire. A local villager will take us on a Mughal Heritage Walk through villages and farmland on the bank of the Yamuna River, giving us a stunning view of the Taj Mahal.
That won't be the only view you'll get of the Taj Mahal, as we take you on a sunrise tour of this spectacular monument before we head to Agra's Red Fort. We'll make one more stop, to a visit to the Akshardham temple to watch a spectacular multimedia water show.
We'll stay in comfortable mid-range modern-style hotels in Delhi and Agra, mixed with heritage hotels converted from Havelis and Palaces in Jaipur and Tordi, and a resort on the edge of Keoladeo National Park.
Day 1 : Welcome to Delhi, transfer to hotel included
Day 2 : Sightseeing tour of Old and New Delhi
Day 3 : Jaipur and a visit to Amber Fort
Day 4 : Exploring the city of Jaipur
Day 5 : Meet the locals at Tordi Garh, optional activities available
Day 6 : Birdwatching and the world's largest step well
Day 7 : Fatephur Sikri, and a first view of the Taj Mahal
Day 9 : Bon voyage! Airport transfer included
- All accommodation in mid-range hotels and heritage properties
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (8 breakfasts, 1 dinner)
- All transport and transfers in AC vehicles
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Services of a local tour leader and specialist local guides
- Sightseeing tours and activities as per the itinerary
- International flights (available on request)
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tips for driver and/or tour guide
- Entrance fees (allow approx. US$114)
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 45+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Incredible India tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 06 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 06 August 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Incredible India tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Incredible India tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.