- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Walk the backstreets of Delhi with a local guide.
- Talk with a local historian and scholar of sociological studies.
- Meet a local family.
- Meet an expert and learn about the medicinal and culinary uses of local spices.
From top to bottom, India is incredible. Explore both northern and southern regions on a 14-day journey to India’s most iconic sites. Explore Rajasthan’s grand forts and palaces, discover new depths of relaxation on a houseboat in Kerala’s backwaters, and learn about traditional culture in the small village of Sawarda. Round out the experience with pilgrimages to the glorious Taj Mahal, the “Pink City” of Jaipur, and Kochi's fishing markets.
Day 1: Delhi
Day 2: Delhi/Āgra
Day 3: Āgra
Day 4: Āgra/Jaipur
Day 5: Jaipur
Day 6: Jaipur/Sāwarda
Day 7: Sāwarda/Delhi
Day 8: Delhi/Kochi
Day 9: Kochi/Thekkady
Day 10: Thekkady
Day 11: Thekkady/Kumarakom
Day 12: Kumarakom
Day 13: Kumarakom/Kochi
Day 14: Kochi
- Hotels (12 nts), heritage hotel (1 nt).
13 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
Note: Allow USD305-400 for meals not included.
- Private van/bus, auto-rickshaw, cycle-rickshaw, walking, plane, boat.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Meet a Local Historian, Jaipur
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Local Village Immersion, Sāwarda
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Spice Experience, Thekkady
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Family Cooking Demonstration, Thekkady
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Visit Vembanad Wetlands Conservation Program, Kumarakom
- Your G for Good Moment: Women on Wheels Transfer, Indira Gandhi International Airport
- Your G for Good Moment: City Walk, Delhi
- Tour of Old Delhi
- Tour the Taj Mahal, the Baby Taj, and Agra Fort
- Visit Fatehpur Sikri and Abhaneri step wells
- Explore Jaipur
- Walking tour of old Kochi
- Visit a tea factory
- Wildlife viewing on Periyar Lake
- Kalaripayatt performance
- Walking and boat tour of rural villages
- Houseboat trip on the Kerala backwaters
- Kathakali cultural performance
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to New Delhi and from Kochi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Iconic India tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with G Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 77 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 350 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 21 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Iconic India tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Iconic India tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
- 1. Travel Style : National Geographic JourneysGreater exploration, insider access, and the freedom to roam – all without sacrificing comfort.
- 2. Service Level : UpgradedQuality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.