- Desert safaris
- Train tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 37 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3342
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Rajasthan is the India that many people imagine when they dream of travelling to this captivating country – ancient forts, palaces, rural villages and the colourful cities of Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Udaipur and Jaipur.
- Pushkar and Varanasi are among the holiest cities in India. Climb to hilltop temples at sunrise, dodge cows in the street, and observe pilgrims praying along the ghats of the sacred Ganges River during a boat cruise.
- Explore the wonders of the Thar Desert. Feast on Rajasthani cuisine at sunset before bunking down to camp between the sand dunes.
- Glide through the backwaters of Kerala on a pole boat, going ashore for a village homestay – a beautiful break and a perfect way to get close to local customs and culture.
- The word ‘colourful’ gets thrown around a lot when people talk about India, but the gateway towers of Meenakshi Amman Temple truly are a technicolour dream.
Travel to the far-flung corners of India on this epic adventure. In the north, journey through Jaisalmer's desert, lose yourself in the electric bazaars of Jodhpur, witness pilgrims performing ancient ceremonies on the ghats of Varanasi and marvel at the iconic Taj Mahal in Agra. Then bask in the tropical southern climate, cruise along the Kerala Backwaters, come face-to-face with local customs in small rural towns, and laze on the gorgeous beaches of Goa – India's idyllic holiday destination. Enjoy the freedom to be immersed in the diverse cultures of colourful, chaotic and enchanting India on this small-group adventure.
Day 1: Delhi
Day 2: Delhi – Overnight Train
Day 3: Thar Desert
Day 4: Jaisalmer
Day 5: Jaisalmer
Day 6: Jodhpur
Day 7: Jodhpur
Day 8: Udaipur
Day 9: Udaipur
Day 10: Udaipur
Day 11: Pushkar
Day 12: Pushkar
Day 13: Jaipur
Day 14: Jaipur
Day 15: Abhaneri
Day 16: Fatehpur Sikri – Agra
Day 17: Agra – Overnight Train
Day 18: Varanasi
Day 19: Varanasi
Day 20: Varanasi – Overnight Train
Day 21: Delhi
Day 22: Trivandrum
Day 23: Varkala
Day 24: Varkala
Day 25: Kerala Backwaters
Day 26: Kochi
Day 27: Kochi
Day 28: Periyar
Day 29: Periyar
Day 30: Madurai
Day 31: Madurai – Overnight Train
Day 32: Mysore
Day 33: Mysore – Overnight Train
Day 34: Hampi
Day 35: Hampi - Overnight train
Day 36: Goa
Day 37: Goa
- Camping (with basic facilities) (1 night), Guesthouse (5 nights), Heritage Property (2 nights), Homestay (1 night), Hotel (18 nights), Overnight sleeper train (6 nights)
- 5 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 3 Dinners
- Auto rickshaw , Boat , Bus , Car , Cycle rickshaw , local bus , Metro , Overnight sleeper train , Private vehicle , Taxi , Train
- An expert tour leader
- Delhi - Leader-led Old Delhi walking & rickshaw tour
- Delhi - Visit to the Jama Masjid Mosque
- Delhi - Sheeshganj Gurudwara (Sikh Temple)
- Jaisalmer - Leader-led walking tour
- Thar Desert - Overnight Desert Camp
- Jodhpur - Leader-led walking tour
- Udaipur - Leader-led walking tour
- Pushkar - Leader-led walking tour
- Jaipur - Leader-led walking & market tour
- Abhaneri - Chand Baori stepwell
- Varanasi - Leader-led Old City walking tour
- Trivandrum – Leader-led Orientation Walk
- Kerala Backwaters - Pole boat ride
- Kerala Backwaters - Guided village walk
- Kochi - Leader-led Fort Kochi walking tour
- Periyar - Spice plantation visit
- Periyar - Kalaripayattu (Indian Martial Art) performance
- Madurai - Leader-led walking tour
- Mysore - Leader-led walking tour
- Any international flights to New Delhi and from Goa are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Iconic India tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 70+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Iconic India tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 January 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 January 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Iconic India tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Iconic India tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- This trip is made for travellers who value their independence but also want the benefit of a local leader and a group of like-minded travellers. The itinerary has a mix of included activities and free time when your leader will offer suggestions. Please budget spending money for optional activities you want to partake in.
- Part of travelling with Intrepid means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. We visit a number of temples on this trip, which requires a certain level of modesty. Please bring clothes that cover the arms and pants/skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
- Sleeper trains are a great way to travel long distances while still getting maximum time in each place. Beds are padded berths with sheets, pillow and blanket provided (although some people prefer to bring their own sleeping sheet). Please note that you may be sharing with locals of the same or opposite gender. More information can be found in the Transport section of the Essential Trip Information.
- You will also be travelling by local bus on this trip. While conditions are basic, this is a great way to rub shoulders with the locals while enjoying the passing scenery.
- This trip runs all year round, so it’s important to be aware of just how hot it can get in India in the summer months and choose the season that best suits you. Depending on the time of year, temperatures in northern India can get very hot and very cold. Please bring layers and a range of adequate clothing, including thermals and sun protection.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.