- Food tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 5 hours
- tour type Group
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Starts/Ends New Delhi, India
- Experience an authentic meal in a local home
- Be welcomed into the home of a local Indian family
- Discover the joyful cultural meanings of Indian cuisine
- Learn about traditional spices and cooking techniques
Skip the celebrity chefs and head straight to the source of authentic Indian cooking secrets on this Delhi tour that delves into the heartland of Indian cuisine - a local's home!
India is known for its amazing food, and we know just where you can find the most authentic culinary experience in Delhi: at home with a local.
Our 'home cooked' Delhi food tour is less tour and more unique local experience, and is hands down one of the most authentic things to do in Delhi. It's not just a meal, but a dining experience in a family home, where you'll learn about local culture, taste incredible food, and make new friends.
Meet your guide, take private transportation & make your way to your host's house. Your local guide will give you the lowdown on what to expect for the evening, before we're welcomed into our host's home.
As dinner is being prepared, your local guide will provide information on the lifestyles of Indians, the traditions of home life, the importance of family in Indian culture, arranged marriages - and of course, the food! You'll dine on a traditional Indian home-cooked meal, which will be predominantly vegetarian and sure to tantalise our tastebuds like no other.
Our hosts and local guide will be more than happy to provide as much information as we desire on the dishes provided, their ingredients, and how best to eat them, something you wont find on other Delhi tours. You can choose to do it Indian style and eat with your hands, but utensils are available if you'd like.
After saying thank you and goodbye to our hosts, our driver shall drop you back to your hotel within Delhi.
- All Vegetarian Meal
- Private Transportation
- Local English Speaking Guide
- Chai & Local snacks
- Items of a personal nature
- tips / gratuities for drivers or guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Home Cooked Delhi tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 May 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Home Cooked Delhi tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Home Cooked Delhi tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Hotel Jivitesh, 11, Pusa Road, opposite Metro Pillar 87,Near Karol Bagh Metro Station , New DelhiMeeting end point :
After saying thank you and goodbye to our hosts, our driver shall drop you back to your hotel within Delhi.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.