- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- age_requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Agra – Enjoy a tour of Agra Fort and the legendary Taj Mahal which remains an extravagant monument dedicated to love
- Kathmandu – Discover the highlights of Nepal’s capital city including Durbar Square and the Bodhnath
- Delhi – Ride on a rickshaw through Chandni Chowk Bazaar and tour the highlights of Old and New Delhi
- Chitwan National Park – Explore the biodiverse park and look out for rare species including tigers, elephants, rhinos and crocodiles
Combining an intoxicating mix of culture, incredible wildlife, exceptional sights and unsurpassed scenery, Highway to Himalayas is our definitive group tour of the north India and neighbouring Nepal. Explore India's Golden Triangle, holy Varanasi, Chitwan National Park, captivating Kathmandu and more, in 16 days.
Day: 1 Delhi
Day: 2 Old Delhi
Day: 3-4 Jaipur
Day: 5 Abhaneri Stepwells & Rural India
Day: 6 Agra Fort & the Taj Mahal
Day: 7 Orchha
Day: 8 Temples of Khajuraho
Day: 9 Fly to Varanasi
Day: 10 Boat Ride on the Ganges
Day: 11 Journey to Kathmandu
Day: 12 Kathmandu Sightseeing
Day: 13-14 Chitwan National Park
Day: 15 Kathmandu
Day: 16 Kathmandu
- 15 nights 3-4 star and heritage hotels
- Breakfast daily, 2 lunches and 4 dinners
- 2 economy class flights: Varanasi to Delhi and Delhi to Kathmandu
- Airport arrival and departure transfer on days 1 and 16
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles
- Guided sightseeing - Delhi, Jaipur, Chand Baori Step Well, Agra, Lucknow, Varanasi, Chitwan National Park and Kathmandu
- Escorted by an English-speaking Indian tour guide (for groups of 6 or more)
- Services of English-speaking Indian specialist guides at some sites
- Morning and afternoon jungle activities in Chitwan National Park - Jeep safaris, nature walks, canoeing and bird watching
- Bicycle rickshaw ride in Keoladeo Ghana National Park
- Rickshaw ride in Delhi
- Sunrise boat cruise on the holy Ganges in Varanasi
- Travel by jeep to beautiful Amber Fort in Jaipur
- International flights and visas
- Tip for your tour guides in India and Nepal. We recommend you allow USD$4-7 per day, per traveller. Tipping your tour guides is an entirely personal gesture
- Entrance Fees: USD$135-150pp, paid in local currency
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 210 today.
- Earn US$ 139+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highway to Himalayas - 16 Days tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 March 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highway to Himalayas - 16 Days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highway to Himalayas - 16 Days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and during transport.
- Solo travelers are required to purchase a single room for your personal use.