- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- See the unforgettable Taj Mahal
- Search for the elusive tiger
- Meander along the Ganges at Varanasi
- Sample flavoursome and familiar curries
Northern India conjures up memorable and colourful images of turbans, saris, flavoursome curries and rickshaws. We visit the 'Pink City' of Jaipur, home to the wonderful former Maharaja's Palace and the splendid hilltop Amber Fort. Agra and the serene Taj Mahal are not to be missed and fully live up to expectations. An early morning boat ride through the mist along the ghats of Varanasi is probably the most sensory intoxicating excursion in India and is both fascinating and deeply moving – an experience only equalled by spotting a tiger in Ranthambore National Park.
Jaipur - pink city was good. loved the elephants with their decorations. Taj was good and worth a visit- be prepared for it to be shrouded in mist at this time of year.
Then all went wrong- overnight train cancelled -therefore not go to Varanansi, no trip on Ganges etc. Got put up in disgraceful hotel in Agra on New Years Eve. What a let down - cancelling Varanansi bad enough but better accommodation should have been sought. Alternative itinerary followed.Visit to Bharatpur and Mathura - another game park ( mainly birds ) and various temples. What made it worse was the trip before this one had experienced the same problem and yet no e mail was sent warning us of possibility of change.”
Day 1: Start Delhi; transfer to Jaipur.
Day 2: Visit City Palace, Jantar Mantar, Hawa Mahal and the Amber Fort; free time
Day 3: To Ranthambore; afternoon game drive in search of elusive tiger.
Day 4: Morning game drive; drive to Agra via Fatehpur Sikri.
Day 5: Visit the incredible Taj Mahal and Agra Fort; overnight train to Varanasi.
Day 6: Relax and enjoy the wonders of Varanasi.
Day 7: Dawn boat ride on the Ganges visiting the bathing ghats; afternoon flight to
Day 8: Delhi free day or optional sightseeing.
Day 9: End Delhi.
- 7 nights hotels, all en suite, 1 night air-conditioned sleeper train and 1 domestic flight , All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 1 lunch included
- Travel by air-conditioned private bus, train, and domestic flight
- Transfer for group flights
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Any international flights to/from New Delhi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Northern India tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 52 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 0 days before departure. For any departures within 08 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Northern India tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Northern India tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.