- Local culture
- Festivals and events
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- See the unforgettable Taj Mahal
- Search for the elusive tiger
- Meander along the Ganges at Varanasi
- Sample flavoursome and familiar curries
Northern India conjures up memorable and colourful images of turbans, saris, flavoursome curries and rickshaws. We visit the 'Pink City' of Jaipur, home to the wonderful former Maharaja's Palace and the splendid hilltop Amber Fort. Agra and the serene Taj Mahal are not to be missed and fully live up to expectations. An early morning boat ride through the mist along the ghats of Varanasi is probably the most sensory intoxicating excursion in India and is both fascinating and deeply moving – an experience only equalled by spotting a tiger in Ranthambore National Park.
Jaipur - pink city was good. loved the elephants with their decorations. Taj was good and worth a visit- be prepared for it to be shrouded in mist at this time of year.
Then all went wrong- overnight train cancelled -therefore not go to Varanansi, no trip on Ganges etc. Got put up in disgraceful hotel in Agra on New Years Eve. What a let down - cancelling Varanansi bad enough but better accommodation should have been sought. Alternative itinerary followed.Visit to Bharatpur and Mathura - another game park ( mainly birds ) and various temples. What made it worse was the trip before this one had experienced the same problem and yet no e mail was sent warning us of possibility of change.”
Day 1: Start Delhi; transfer to Jaipur.
Day 2: Visit City Palace, Jantar Mantar, Hawa Mahal and the Amber Fort; free time
Day 3: To Ranthambore; afternoon game drive in search of elusive tiger.
Day 4: Morning game drive; drive to Agra via Fatehpur Sikri.
Day 5: Visit the incredible Taj Mahal and Agra Fort; overnight train to Varanasi.
Day 6: Relax and enjoy the wonders of Varanasi.
Day 7: Dawn boat ride on the Ganges visiting the bathing ghats; afternoon flight to
Day 8: Delhi free day or optional sightseeing.
Day 9: End Delhi.
- 7 nights hotels, all en suite, 1 night air-conditioned sleeper train and 1 domestic flight , All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 1 lunch included
- Travel by air-conditioned private bus, train, and domestic flight
- Transfer for group flights
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Any international flights to/from New Delhi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Northern India tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 63+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Northern India tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 03 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 03 May 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Northern India tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Northern India tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.