- Rickshaw, cycle or local transport tour
- Active and outdoor
- National parks
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 19 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Rise in the cool halflight of dawn and watch the sunrise while you glide over the River Ganges on a small riverboat.
- Stay in a riverside jungle lodge in Chitwan National Park, then embark on a safari in search of rhinos, Bengal tigers, monkeys, and more.
- Join pilgrims during a visit to the birthplace of Gautama Buddha in Lumbini, where evidence of a shrine dated before 550 BC was uncovered in 2013.
- Enjoy a relaxing evening at a community homestay in the Madi Valley, a lush Nepalese valley bordered by forest and river.
From the sacred River Ganges to the summits of the Himalayas, tour India and Nepal on a trip where adventure and discovery await. From the most exciting places to visit in Delhi to the towering peaks surrounding Kathmandu, discover the spirit, culture, and nature of this fascinating region. Visit the Taj Mahal of Agra, experience the chaos and colour of India's villages, and marvel at the daily pilgrimage to the ghats of Varanasi on the banks of the Ganges. Delve into the history and religion of these two fascinating countries as you enjoy the highlights of India and Nepal.
My tour guide, Kelly, was super knowledgeable, funny, and a pleasure to be around!
The group of people from different countries, regions, and ages made it the best tour I have been on.
Below are a few highlights:
1. BBQ in the Grampians
2. Bay of Martyrs
3. Seeing koalas and kangaroos in their natural habitat
4. The scenery along the Great Ocean Road
5. A boomerang lesson
6. The entire trip was lovely.”
Agra - Orchha
Orchha - Overnight train
India/Nepal border crossing - Lumbini
Chitwan National Park
Chitwan National Park
Chitwan National Park
- Camping (with basic facilities) (1 night), Heritage Property (3 night), Hotel (10 nights), Lodge (2 nights), Overnight sleeper train (1 night), Homestay (1 night)
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- Auto rickshaw , Canoe , Cycle rickshaw , Jeep , Metro , Overnight sleeper train , Private vehicle , Shuttle Bus , Train , Van
- An expert tour leader
- Delhi - Leader-led Old Delhi walking & rickshaw tour
- Delhi - Jama Masjid
- Delhi - Sheeshganj Gurudwara (Sikh Temple)
- Jaipur - Leader-led walking & market tour
- Jaipur - Amber Fort
- Agra - Taj Mahal
- Agra - Akbar's Mausoleum
- Orchha - Leader-led walking tour
- Orchha - Ram Raja Temple ceremony
- Agra - Agra Fort
- Orchha - Orchha Palace
- Orchha - Taragram visit
- Orchha - Cooking demonstration
- River Ganges - Boat trip & camping
- Varanasi - Sunset candle flower ceremony
- Varanasi - Leader-led Old City walking tour
- Varanasi - Sunrise Ganges boat trip
- Lumbini - Heritage Park
- Madi Valley - Magar Cultural Performance
- Chitwan - Village Bike Tour
- Chitwan NP - Park entry
- Chitwan - Canoe trip
- Chitwan - Canoe safari, Bird Watching walk or Jeep safari
- Kathmandu - Swayambhunath Temple
- Kathmandu - Bodhnath Stupa
- Kathmandu - Pashupatinath Temple
- Any international flights to New Delhi and from Kathmandu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of India & Nepal tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 92+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of India & Nepal tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 12 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 12 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of India & Nepal tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of India & Nepal tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Old Delhi is an exciting place encounter local life, but be aware it will be busy, and during the walking tour you’ll need to navigate people, tight spaces, and crowded walkways.
- Rajasthan can reach extremely high temperatures in the summer. While we aim to do our walking tours early in the morning when it’s cooler, remember to keep hydrated and to bring a hat, sunscreen, a long-sleeved shirt, and anything else that will protect you from the sun.
- Part of travelling with Intrepid means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. We visit a number of temples on this trip and you will need to have clothes that cover the arms and pants/skirts that go past the knees in order to enter them.
- In order to see as much as possible in the time allotted, this trip involves some long journeys by both private vehicles and public trains. Please read the itinerary carefully for estimates.
- From December to February, delays are more common, especially in the north of the country due to fog. It’s not uncommon for trains to be delayed for up to 12 hours. On occasion, your trip will may to be rerouted to allow for these delays. Please see the ‘Transport’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more information on train travel in India.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.